Xone dx or 4trak for mixing? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    I was referring to the buttons which definitely look plastic. The chassis does look to be aluminum or something similar. As for the DX, it's not going to be nearly as good with Traktor as the other two since it's intended for itch, and you're not going to have an easy time finding a midi map template for it for the same reason. Also, the jogs are small, the buttons aren't great (small, bad action), and there aren't any pitch faders on it. Nevermind that the jogs aren't high res midi or NHL. Plus you have to toss in the cost of traktor on top of it to make it a fair comparison and the S4 has DVS capability to boot.
    Allen and Heath supply 4 different .tsi groupings for Traktor. They are available to download from the site. Also, plenty others have listed their mappings for public consumption.

The jogs are for seeking only. Definitely can concede that point. But they are the same jogs they use for every other midi device they produce, so it's not as though they've skimped you.

If you go to your local guitar center you should be able to find one for 469.99. That's how much I paid for mine.

As far as the buttons go, they are perfectly fine for setting and jumping to cue points. They are most certainly not for juggling, but they weren't intended to be.

Not having a pitch fader is not a big deal. It's a midi controller. Jumping in 1/100ths of a BPM is a click of the encoder. It's more accurate than a pitch fader in most circumstances, and because the decks are layered, it means you don't have to worry about location. If you want pitch faders and to ride them, buy decks. A majority of people are just going to push sync anyway, and those who opt out, don't have to ride a pitch fader in the digital realm.

This controller does Itch remarkably well, which was it's intended purpose. Having it map to Traktor out of the box as well is just a bonus.

It's a whole lot of quality for 469.99. There have been a decent amount if instances where units have been defective. A harness comes lose in the units and one side of the outputs fail. Browsing through the Serato forums, it's clear A&H recognize the issue, and have taken care of all that have failed.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    If you go to your local guitar center you should be able to find one for 469.99. That's how much I paid for mine.
    Was this recently? Unadvertised? Used or new? I know they are discontinued and saw them as low as $500 over Xmas, but not since.
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch
    http://soundcloud.com/eizhauz

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Best99 View Post
    Please tell me about it as soon as you can!
    Thanks to DJKeyWee, I have been in touch with Kevin. By the time you add up importation fees and taxes, Canadian to US dollars conversion and shipping, it is around $1200.
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

That is one AMAZING deal ! even if you didn't like it after a week you'll sell it for more than you bought it for.

Tech Convert

Yeah, I'm seriously considering that option. I noticed no one mentioned the ns6 here. Shouldn't we bring it to the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Eizhauz View Post
    Was this recently? Unadvertised? Used or new? I know they are discontinued and saw them as low as $500 over Xmas, but not since.
    This is right now. They still have two at my guitar center (I was there just yesterday), and they are brand new. They had advertised it online for a bit, but they must have sold their warehouse stock or something?
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Best99 View Post
    Yeah, I'm seriously considering that option. I noticed no one mentioned the ns6 here. Shouldn't we bring it to the discussion?
    Probably because the 4trak basically is the NS6 but actually intended for Traktor. If you're going to use itch then maybe it's worth considering... but if you're primarily using midi anyway you're far better off with Traktor IMO.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    This is right now. They still have two at my guitar center (I was there just yesterday), and they are brand new. They had advertised it online for a bit, but they must have sold their warehouse stock or something?
    So not to stalk, but that is the one in Frederickburg then?
    Great deal. Quality unit. You using Traktor with it or Serato?
    My only wish is that it was external mixer as well, some A&H filters wouldn't be a bad idea either. I guess you would then have a 4D anyways, so....

How you like yours so far?
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch

Quote Originally Posted by Eizhauz View Post
    So not to stalk, but that is the one in Frederickburg then?
    Great deal. Quality unit. You using Traktor with it or Serato?
    My only wish is that it was external mixer as well, some A&H filters wouldn't be a bad idea either. I guess you would then have a 4D anyways, so....

How you like yours so far?
    Yes the one in Fredericksburg. I use it with Serato, but sometimes with Traktor. I'm okay with it not being an external mixer because I route it through one (the Zero4) to my monitors (or I did until it broke a few weeks ago). I almost bought a user's 4D a week or two ago, and I'm still thinking about doing it as I now need a mixer for my all of my sources. Either that or a :62. It feels much more quality than my DDJ-T1 (not to say that a T1 isn't quality), and since it doubles for both softwares and does one great and one well, I found it worth selling the T1.
    Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123