MT9 - The new MP3??

Default MT9 - The new MP3??

Stolen blatantly from NI's forums:

Surprised nobody's picked up on this on the forum yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MT9
    http://www.audizen.co.kr/solutions/solutions2.htm
    http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/sto...282352,00.html

I'm sure we've all been waiting for something like this to be developed.
    You want accapella - You got it!
    You want instrumental - You got it!
    DRM free too!

Didn't they already try and claim that with .ogg .aac .flac and alike?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Maybe some artists will release their songs in these formats but i cant see the big boys adopting these formats as it makes sampling even easier, which they spend so much time fighting against.

Hopefully over time independents and dj's alike can put pressure in the big boys to release their tracks in these formats because of the fact that we will be downloading these tracks over mp3's if they are freely available enough.

Time will tell

Tech Mentor

*cough* Mogg*cough*

there's already a fairly decent standard for multichannel mixes - uses the ogg compression standard - been around for a while.

Any of you who may have dabbled in the recent spate of *insert well known game but you all know who i mean here* hacks probably know this already.

There's also U-myx which are releasing multitrack versions of tracks by Chromeo or the Doors so you can create remixes for yourself.

Some record labels are actually warming to the idea of mashing / resampling. Ean G knows AplusD from Bootie i believe - they've had a few approaches from Record labels to mash their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Maybe some artists will release their songs in these formats but i cant see the big boys adopting these formats as it makes sampling even easier, which they spend so much time fighting against.

Hopefully over time independents and dj's alike can put pressure in the big boys to release their tracks in these formats because of the fact that we will be downloading these tracks over mp3's if they are freely available enough.

Time will tell
    ahh, he beat me to it! Labels will never go for it. If it meant i didn't get paid, i wouldn't either.

what would the compression be like on that? Seems like u'd have massive files.
    Last edited by aiden; 06-19-2008 at 11:08 AM. Reason: massive what?