Saw Nero 'live' last night... - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    They just sat there acting like... robots?
    Daft Punk does this too but they still rock the crowd
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Ok, first of all, you guys obviously weren't on enough drugs. Second, I loved Nero live when I saw them at BDO Auckland.

Maybe I just really like their music, but everyone else was really into it as well.

Did they have their stage front and singer? That really added to the show when I saw them.

A lot of their songs are such anthems, so they're built for a huge crowd.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWard View Post
    Ok, first of all, you guys obviously weren't on enough drugs. Second, I loved Nero live when I saw them at BDO Auckland.

Maybe I just really like their music, but everyone else was really into it as well.

Did they have their stage front and singer? That really added to the show when I saw them.

A lot of their songs are such anthems, so they're built for a huge crowd.

.....i wasn't aware that to enjoy someones show you had to be high? O.o

No stage, no singer.

Yes, their songs are quite anthemic but their live sets didn't reflect that whatsoever.

Saw Roksonix about a week or two ago, had a BLAST. They overused the whole spinback thing a tad too much but regardless I still had a fantastic time.

I was kidding about the high thing, I was completely sober. I didn't expect a good "DJ" set, I just expected a good show. I can see where you're coming from though. Their mixing was pretty dull.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWard View Post
    I was kidding about the high thing, I was completely sober. I didn't expect a good "DJ" set, I just expected a good show. I can see where you're coming from though. Their mixing was pretty dull.
    Whilst we all like to hate on "superstar DJs" who don't mix (like that Skrillex thread a while back...), it seems to me that the OP is saying that mixing or not, they didn't provide a good show (which I'd argue Skrillex does), which is, in my mind, worse than plainly not mixing.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    Whilst we all like to hate on "superstar DJs" who don't mix (like that Skrillex thread a while back...), it seems to me that the OP is saying that mixing or not, they didn't provide a good show (which I'd argue Skrillex does), which is, in my mind, worse than plainly not mixing.
    Yeah, I can see Skrillex being a good show. Nero when it's only 1 of the guys and none of the props would probably be lame.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

saw Nero at Hard HM 2010 and they were amazing. then I managed to catch the end of thier set at ID fest 2011. I was only there for the last few songs, but i just remember thinking "wtf happened, this is nothing compared to last time"

also it's always just one of them for w/e reason. oh and the crowd and sound system at ID fest couldn't even compare to the one at Hard HM 2010.

yeah skrillex actually looks like he'd put on a good show, but Ive never watched a vid were actually mixes :/ its always just like "hey guys i just made this song in my hotel room" then he plays the song says some more shit on mic and plays the next song.

rusko on the other hand, that guys is a beast. everything i could ever ask for in a DJ.
    Last edited by Invoke; 01-27-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Nero are from my hometown; always been a great night out every time I've seen 'em play out... but I guess I haven't seen them play live since they blew up and got really famous...

Tech Mentor

I also saw them, actually one of them, at Identity Fest in PA, I enjoyed it. Nothing too crazy but it wasn't bad. If you wanna see someone put on a show then go see Rusko, he kills it live.

Tech Guru

Took my gf to see them as she loves them, and tbh I do rate their productions, some good stuff.

Ths gig however, which was advertised as live, consisted of ONE half of Nero, playing on cdjs, with about four drop-outs throughout the gig...not like it was a shitty club either this was at wembley arena !
    = weak

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast