xone 42 effects routing
    Tech Mentor

Default xone 42 effects routing

Hey guys, I was reading my xone 42 manual and noticed in there that I can use the EFX routing to send effects from a software into my mixer. I was wondering does anybody know how to do this, I couldn't get it working. Also, which software would work? I emailed Xone, and they were very useless answering that question. Their message boards got me 0 replies as well.

Thanks guys

Traktor can run its effects through send/return if you want to. However, if you're running software you can apply the effects in the software before they even get to the mixer anyway so this feature isn't all that useful UNLESS the send/return on your mixer is post-fader, which in this case it's not. So, in short, don't bother because you can do it in the software (Traktor etc.) already.

If you really want to do this though, or want to use an external effects unit like an EFX500 or a Kaoss Pad, do the following. Route cables from the FX Send on the back of your mixer into the Send/Input on your effects unit or soundcard (for software). Then route cables from the output of the effects unit/soundcard back to the mixer's FX return input. You control the amount of the effect in the channel with the same knob you control your filter with. The XfX button on the filter section only controls whether your filters get applied before or after the effects.

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    You control the amount of the effect in the channel with the same knob you control your filter with.
    Nope, with the Dry/Wet knob
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Traktor can run its effects through send/return if you want to. However, if you're running software you can apply the effects in the software before they even get to the mixer anyway so this feature isn't all that useful UNLESS the send/return on your mixer is post-fader, which in this case it's not. So, in short, don't bother because you can do it in the software (Traktor etc.) already.

If you really want to do this though, or want to use an external effects unit like an EFX500 or a Kaoss Pad, do the following. Route cables from the FX Send on the back of your mixer into the Send/Input on your effects unit or soundcard (for software). Then route cables from the output of the effects unit/soundcard back to the mixer's FX return input. You control the amount of the effect in the channel with the same knob you control your filter with. The XfX button on the filter section only controls whether your filters get applied before or after the effects.
    And fx loop on XOne 42 is definitely post-fader.

Quote Originally Posted by icb View Post
    And fx loop on XOne 42 is definitely post-fader.
    You did necro a 2 1/2 year old thread here, but since it looks like I may have been wrong here I should clarify. I'm guessing I replied based off of the block diagram in the Xone 42 manual since I haven't actually used the mixer, which is why I was confused. Looking back at my reply now though I find it odd that I would have said that since it wouldn't make much sense to have send/return be pre-fader, but I'm content to admit my mistake. Looks like I was wrong about the FX control as well. Mea cupla.

I'm glad this got necroed though. It reminded me to mess around with Traktor's FX in send/return. Thanks.