Beneath the Ice [chillstep]
    Tech Wizard

Default Beneath the Ice [chillstep]

My first go at chillstep, I'm pretty happy with it. Looking for some critique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dyQ5PRrKIw
    Dell Inspiron 15r | i5 | 8gb
    Traktor 2 Pro | Mixtrack Pro | X1 |
    FL 10 | Massive | Reaktor 5 | LPK25
    MixCloud | OneSheet

I've never wandered into the Chillstep listening grounds, but from what i hear you got a good melody and a simple drum going on which is i guess "chill" . Sounds good here.

Since this is feedback, and no feedback is complete without pointing out a nitpick or two (because no song is "perfect"). I have to say at certain times the mastering of some levels seem a bit too high, but that's just for feedback sake.

Good job, and I hope the world of chillstep has cool offerings for you.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AltControl View Post
    I've never wandered into the Chillstep listening grounds, but from what i hear you got a good melody and a simple drum going on which is i guess "chill" . Sounds good here.

Since this is feedback, and no feedback is complete without pointing out a nitpick or two (because no song is "perfect"). I have to say at certain times the mastering of some levels seem a bit too high, but that's just for feedback sake.

Good job, and I hope the world of chillstep has cool offerings for you.
    Hey I really appreciate the feedback man! This was my first go at chillstep, I don't really listen to it. But I listen to a lot of indie music so I just kind of fused my influences. And I'll remember what you are saying about the mastering. Still kind of learning how to do that well. Thanks again!
    Dell Inspiron 15r | i5 | 8gb
    Traktor 2 Pro | Mixtrack Pro | X1 |
    FL 10 | Massive | Reaktor 5 | LPK25
    MixCloud | OneSheet