Whats best for Dubstep the NS6 or the NS7?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Whats best for Dubstep the NS6 or the NS7?

I've been saving up money to get one but I'm not sure which will fit Dubstep the most, it looks like the NS6 has a lot more effects and features then the NS7. But I seen people making Dubstep with the NS7 and its just as good as the NS6, one of the reasons I am stuck between the two is that the NS6 is smaller and compact and the NS7 has the turning wheels so its like its really playing and it seems like it would help out a lot with scratching and the timing and accuracy of doing it. But the NS6's fancy lights and about 3 times more buttons and sliders seems like it would fit... Btw to clear this up I am a noob at this, I worked with FL Studio and made my own and was hoping they could help me and even if not I still want them for mixing songs to. Thanks for reading

Tech Student

Sorry! I just read that post, stating to put post like this in General. umm is there a way I can move this over to General?

Tech Mentor

you would be just mixing, get whatever is cheaper.

go try out a bunch of controllers before buying one.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    you would be just mixing, get whatever is cheaper.

go try out a bunch of controllers before buying one.
    The NS6 is around $1,000 and the NS7 is around $1,300. My friend told me to get the Numark Pro Mixer for $200 but its made of plastic and not many features on it, I want something challenging if I'm going to spend money on it might as well get one that's worth it and that will give me something to look forward to learning, I'm just not sure of the two that would fit me. My local Musicians Shop wont let anyone try them out cause they said they're too expensive to just let random people mess with them.

Tech Mentor

where do you live?

have you tried the Kontrol S4, or the VCI 400?

even a twitch or something. there are a lot of options, Numark is not the only brand.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    where do you live?

have you tried the Kontrol S4, or the VCI 400?

even a twitch or something. there are a lot of options, Numark is not the only brand.
    I have never owned or tried any of them lol, I was suggest Numark since I am completely new to pretty much everything in the DJ world. I can play Guitar and Drums but I never touched a DJ board, or mixer or anything along them lines. I am going to see about going to clubs and asking for a hand in lessons and pay them for it of course for helping me. I'm working with $7.298 dollars I've saved up in the past 7 or almost 8 months now. I didn't know what to expect on price ranges so I just saved up that much just incase. Btw thanks for helping me

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer12m View Post
    My local Musicians Shop wont let anyone try them out cause they said they're too expensive to just let random people mess with them.
    How stupid is that. There's this chain of music gear stores in the Netherlands where practically everything is touchable (and you may even play with it if you want to). You can't believe how much gear they sell, just because people are allowed to fool around with it for a bit!

but OT: different controllers are made for different workflows. So not everything may just suit you. The NS6 and NS7 are clearly designed for different purposes, so choosing between those is a matter of preference as well. So don't fool yourself by just looking at some pictures and decide on which has the prettiest lights or whatever, but make sure you can somewhere actually try things out. And when playing with it, you'll know when you've found the right controller
    Gear: late 2011 13" i7 256GB Macbook Air, Numark NS7, 2x Technics SL-1200MK2, Dateq XTC, 2x M-Audio CX8
    Check my Souncloud for livesets: http://soundcloud.com/dj-subliminal

Default Re: Whats best for Dubstep the NS6 or the NS7?

Ah, I hear some Feedback in that one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Ah, I hear some Feedback in that one.
    Yeah, absolutely love that store. Bought my monitors there as well, after hours of extensive listening to all sorts of alternatives. Guys must've gone mad because of me

I still go there occasionally, just to play around with stuff. It's seriously the best way to choose gear
    Gear: late 2011 13" i7 256GB Macbook Air, Numark NS7, 2x Technics SL-1200MK2, Dateq XTC, 2x M-Audio CX8
    Check my Souncloud for livesets: http://soundcloud.com/dj-subliminal

Are you wanting to mix dubstep, or make dubstep?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast