Urgent help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent help

Tech Mentor

Default Urgent help

Hi, I have been DJing really hard these couple of days, putting a lot of work into some mixes and mashups. Recorded them all, after I finished recording them all I went to Audio Recordings so I could listen to them, so I drag them to a Deck and a red message says: "Cannot excute BPM-Detection due to missing transients. Please analyze first." WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Now I can't play all my mixes or my mashups. The recordings don't play, not in the software and not in the Windows Media Player, iTunes, etc. PLEASE HELP. I've lost hours of hard mixing sadly. Well this sucks.

first off, before i spend hours working on a project i always verify that i am in fact getting signal first. ie make a small meaningless recording and play it back to make sure the levels sound ok etc.

do you have the mix recorder in traktor set to INTERNAL mode?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Mentor

I agree, always test your recording, and always verify you have actually recorded after a set. Back that setup and keep on grooving with the next one. I have made this mistake, thrown down a crazy mix/FX show and forgot to hit record or record was not setup properly.
    13" MBP | Xone DB2 | Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 X Denon DN-S3700 | NUmark TTX| NI MASCHINE MK2 | ABLETON PUSH

Go to the track in your Traktor library, Right Click > Analyze.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

CRAP. Well I am a starter DJ so that is a lesson for me. I dont know actually because as I told you I'm a starter so I don't know how to set the recorder. Another thing is that yesterday I recorded a MashUp and worked perfectly, today it doesn't. Tell me how to setup the recorder please.

Tech Mentor

And No I didn't have it in Internal. Is it supposed to be there?

Tech Mentor

Smittten I did that Analyze trick, and the message appeared again.

What kind of file sizes are you getting with these recordings?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

i get this message on some poor quality files , like field recording or dubs from a dvd or something, but it usually just alerts me that it cannot establish BPM due to missing transients... but then plays the files fine. did u try to play the file anyway after getting the alert?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Mentor

Yes I did, several times, with several files. NONE worked. Smittten do you mean the file sizes of each separate song or of the entire mashup or mix? My mix recorder was in External now I changed it to Internal and the record works fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast