First Timers...

Thread: First Timers...

Default First Timers...

So I'm sure you've all seen these types of forums TONS of times, but I would really love some advice. A friend and I have starting producing and now want to get into dj-ing as well. We are planning to play at a rave in early april, but we need advice as to what gear to get.

We use Traktor Pro 2, we are looking for gear that will allow us to mix songs together, occasionally mash up beats and create some interesting sounding mixes. Any suggestions would be great. Mixers, controllers, sound cards etc. Thank you.

And your first "live" gig is in April? Sweet.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

if you have traktor already, all you need is a soundcard.

You can easily do it all on a laptop alone using the mouse and keyboard. At the other end of the spectrum is a full rig including turntables/CDjs / midi controllers / etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AchesAndPain View Post
    A friend and I have starting producing and now want to get into dj-ing as well. We are planning to play at a rave in early april, but we need advice as to what gear to get.
    We use Traktor Pro 2, we are looking for gear that will allow us to mix songs together, occasionally mash up beats and create some interesting sounding mixes. Any suggestions would be great. Mixers, controllers, sound cards etc. Thank you.
    I'm just curious how you've "started producing" and don't know what kind of gear you need to "mix songs together, occasionally mash up beats and create some interesting sounding mixes" Doesn't really make sense.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

^^lol, I've seen it before! This local dude started banging out some really good tunes and a local promoter was asking him to play.
    I remember him scrambling to learn some gear

personally i like the allen & heath mixers,they have really good quality.i'd say also get some pioneer cdj's to go with the mixer.

if you a controller this is a very good read http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/12...rs-guide-2012/
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Wait, you produce music, make mixes and mashups, you're having a rave in april which is like now. And you don't have any gear and don't know which to get? Doesn't really make sense.

Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1