Confused......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused......

Tech Guru

Default Confused......

As of lately it really bugs me when someone says I have so and so controller but am upgrading to "better gear" soon.....

I think a lot of people seem to think its the gear that makes the dj and have really forgotten what its actually about..... I know its nice to have something shiny and new but if you dont get out of this attitude surely the second something new comes out everytime you are going to want to upgrade because yours isnt the newest product..... fuck'it im still rocking a numark omni control which im sure I few newer people dont even have a clue what it is..... Im trying to master this till it proves to be non usable anymore...............

People can rock a set on two turntables and a basic mixer.... if you have a controller that has two jog wheels and a eq section and cross fader you should be able to play an amazing set with the right music........

People need to make it about the music again and not the technology....

rant over
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

It's true. Completely true, but I'd say a lot of us are pretty big geeks, and geeks love technology and new shiny toys. I'd be a bigger consumer whore myself, but it all comes down to the benjamins.

Tech Guru

Ill admit I love to have the newest and latest of everything but in terms of controllers.... people have a 4 channel controller.... and upgrade to a 4 channel controller with a new knob because its the latest thing ha... It seems like most people dont want to mess with mappings .... would rather a diff knob or button for every function compaired to "super knobs and buttons".
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    People need to make it about the music again and not the technology....
    Thank you sir.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

**thumbs up**

Yep I'm guilty of getting new gear all the time but I guess I didn't find the right set-up for me till now.

The VCI400 is perfect so I won't be changing for a long time.
    SC | MC

Tech Convert

for some people its all about the image and hence the new gear i guess. although there is always the thought that if you get a brand spanking new controller you'll learn more since you have even more features available, sadly though, most will probably just continue mixing the same as they did with their old gear without pushing the limits of new equipment.

i was rocking the original hercules dj controller for 6 years! half the buttons stopped working and the jog wheels were crappy as but now i have my s4... mmm sweet sweet s4.

i've seen it a hundred times in the last five years
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

My controller is literally falling apart at the seems... the pitch fader on the right stopped working.... so I mapped a shift button to my jog so I can control pitch with that.... cue buttons started acting weird... realise I didn't use my cue play button so now have 2 cue buttons for each deck .... I know people might look at certain controllers and think "toy" but this tends to be other djs... standers-by don't have a clue what you are doing nor care to be honest.

You mad bro?

My buddy is the same way, he's spent the last month swithing between wanting tts, cdjs and controllers, on a daily basis. He had cdj 400s, sold them, bought them again, sold them, flipflopped all over the place, and just bought cdj 350s. The whole time asking me to do the research on what he wanted, but not listening to my opinion. He's a good guy, but it frustrated me.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast