TouchOSC Help Needed

Default TouchOSC Help Needed

Hi there.

Ok I have TouchOSC set up and all is fine it works.

Only problem I have is getting it to sync with the parameter position on Traktor.

So for example if i moved the fader on traktor it will move simultaneously on the TouchOSC screen.

I have changed the out port in traktors controller manager to the same as the in port to get it to sync but....now it jaggers when i move the fader on touchosc, not like before when it was just a smooth motion.

There doesnt seem to be a setting I can change in traktor to solve this.

If anyone can help I would be so appreciative.

Oh and P.S the layouts I am making myself in the Touch OSC Editor.
    Last edited by ESSBEEDEE; 01-30-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    http://www.essbeedee.com

Where I work - www.juno.co.uk - "Worlds biggest online Dance music store. DJ Mag award for Best Record Store 3 years running."

Tech Wizard

Traktor and touchosc are basically fighting for control over the fader/parameter. The problem occurs because midi has a tiny bit of latency. So when you move the fader, a ms or so later traktor gets the position of the fader and updates itself. Then traktor says hey the fader moved, and tries to tell the controller where the faxed should be. This is almost always going to be some position where the fader was in The past.

What you can try is to use the z expression on the fader in combination with a modifier in traktor. So when you press the fader, you set the modifier to 1, and back to zero when you release the fader. Then set whatever parameter you want to change to only change when the modifier is 1. Finally, only output the faders value when the modifier is zero.

Hi J5k.

Thanks for the above.

But based on what you said....it sounds like doing those settings will mean that the effect of moving the fader will only be heard when it is at 0 or 1. Or in other words when it is on the minimum or maximum.

Am I understanding that right?

Where I work - www.juno.co.uk - "Worlds biggest online Dance music store. DJ Mag award for Best Record Store 3 years running."

Tech Wizard

Nope. The fader can send midi when you touch it. This is the z expression. The x expression is sent when you move the fader. In traktor, the modifier is tied to the z value. This should allow you to control traktor's fader on screen when your finger is on the fader, while also allowing traktor to control touchosc's fader should you move the fader in traktor. Just don't try moving both the touch fader and the on screen fader at the same time.

Wow amazing ok I will get that running.

Thank you so much man.

True Genius you are

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by J5k View Post
    Nope. The fader can send midi when you touch it. This is the z expression. The x expression is sent when you move the fader. In traktor, the modifier is tied to the z value. This should allow you to control traktor's fader on screen when your finger is on the fader, while also allowing traktor to control touchosc's fader should you move the fader in traktor. Just don't try moving both the touch fader and the on screen fader at the same time.

Yep, that's the right way to do it. Smooth faders all the way then.

Tech Wizard

If you still have issues try lemur as it uses core midi on a Mac which isc far better IMHO then touchosc and a translator.