Xone 62 Woes

Thread: Xone 62 Woes

Default Xone 62 Woes

Hey guys, I was just curious if anyone had an idea of what's going on with my Xone 62 or if this is normal.

There's a few issues I'm having and are as follows

Xfader curve: Both settings seem rubbish, one curve cuts way too much, the other curve kills Lows as you move toward the middle...weird. As it stands right now I have it permanently turned off. Anyone else do the same when mixing?

Cueing: When I cue a track in headphones my Main Volume meter jumps exponentially from Green up to Yellow area and sometimes hitting red. There is no noticeable distortion thru headphones or through my speakers.

Filters: Only works via XLR outs? Can anyone confirm this? When I'm at home I just use Record Out and get no filters through Rec Out.

EDIT: 50 views and not one answer? I figure SOMEONE here has played on a Xone 62 at a club at the very least.
    Last edited by Hstanford1; 01-31-2012 at 12:06 AM.

The xfader curve on xones get a lot of critcism, cant say much for the other stuff.

When you have a channel cued, the master meter actually meters the cud signal. So, that's caused by you running your channel gains too hot and your master out too cold. Iirc, unity gain on the master volume is wide open on the fader/pot (older ones have a big fader; they switched to a pot at some point).

As for the filter thing...have it checked out. Mine didn't do that. There might be a jumper or something that alters where the rec out gets pulled from, which could do that...maybe. Check the manual, and of it doesn't help, call A&H. They're really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    When you have a channel cued, the master meter actually meters the cud signal. So, that's caused by you running your channel gains too hot and your master out too cold. Iirc, unity gain on the master volume is wide open on the fader/pot (older ones have a big fader; they switched to a pot at some point).
    I don't know what's up with the Xone metering system, but I quite like it, the ability to see volume of an individual channel in relation to the master works a lot better than the metering system on my Denon.

(And this is where you all tell me to learn more about signal paths and how volume metering works)
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

That's about all there is to it, really. And I actually prefer full. Evers on every channel and the master, but...meh. As long as there's a master meter, I don't really care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

As for the filter thing...have it checked out. Mine didn't do that. There might be a jumper or something that alters where the rec out gets pulled from, which could do that...maybe. Check the manual, and of it doesn't help, call A&H. They're really helpful.
    That makes sense, I usually jack my phones up a little bit anyways.
    Idk what is up with the filters, going to have to contact A&H about that.
    Thanks guys!