keeping traktor collections clean
    Tech Wizard

Default keeping traktor collections clean

Ok so to start off, how do I "refresh" my traktor collection so that duplicate entries (from moving files/folders around) are removed? Is it a simple matter of deleting the .nml file and reimporting everything?

Secondly, I'd like to ask how people organize their music. Genre, key, bpm, playlists, mood or feel (like this guy http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/07/2...e-klay-system/), do you use folders or traktor playlists or itunes, etc. etc.

I'm curious
    Yeah that's right, I can chat about Dante's Inferno, discuss the theories of John Locke, discourse on the microeconomics of international trade, investigate the kinetics of enzymes in various microenvironments, and model the price of WTI oil futures. But the best paying job I've had so far is sanitation. Thanks liberal arts.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paw_20 View Post
    Ok so to start off, how do I "refresh" my traktor collection so that duplicate entries (from moving files/folders around) are removed? Is it a simple matter of deleting the .nml file and reimporting everything?
    If you have been moving files you will have a lot of missing entries.

Run Consistency Check (from the Track Collection) and delete missing files.
    Warning this will delete any files that have become accidently moved. You can choose to delete files from the collection rather than the Hard Drive so you dont lose any files that you dont want to.

Removing duplicates is not easy, depending on the amount of files you have.

you can use iTunes to remove duplicates.