Traktor and File Movement
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor and File Movement

Hi DJTT, I got a bit of a beginners question about Traktor. (On Windows) If you want to move all your music files from documents, to let's say.. desktop, or a external hard drive for that matter, would traktor then forget about the BPM, beatgrid and so on? And would i have to bring all the tracks into my track collection again?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If you move files all that Traktor loses is the paths to the files. It will look for the file in the original place and show a '!' next to it.

All you need to do is run 'Check Consistency' from the Track Collection Node and when its done (may take some time if you have a large collection) select "Relocate Missing files" and select the folder or directory where you moved the files to.

Again, that may take a while for Traktor to build a new collection.

When its done that click on the Track Collection and do "Save Collection" before closing down just to make sure the changes are saved.

Tech Wizard

Cool thanks! So i will definately not lose any BPM's or cue points? And what about my playlists? Will they be restored as before aswell? Also i got another small question, if i get a new computer, where will I be able to find the database file? (You know, the file with all my informations about my tracks?)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can lock all the tracks before you move them to be safe. Just select them all in the collection and right click then select enable BPM lock. That way if it tries to analyze them it won't change the anything.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You can lock all the tracks before you move them to be safe. Just select them all in the collection and right click then select enable BPM lock. That way if it tries to analyze them it won't change the anything.
    Yeah, that's another thing i haven't quite gotten the hold of. How do i "mark?" more than one track? I've tried holding shift + down button, but nothing happens ?

ctrl + a
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    ctrl + a
    oohh... now i feel stupid thanks!