We need to help ellaskins! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I sent the poor guy an e-mail. Heres what I said:

Dear Ellaskins,

Greetings from the US. I've been a big fan of your videos ever since I got into DJing, and I am very sorry to hear about what you are going through. After watching your recent video, "HELP KEEP DJ TUTOR GOING PLEASE!" I found myself with a huge desire to help, but completely lost as to how I was supposed to do that. Now, let me begin by saying that I am a full-time college student so I do not have money to "invest". The problem with your video is that it is very confusing as to how you want people to assist you. I saw a post on DJTT Forums showing your video, but most people commenting wish they could help but have no idea how. You need to provide more information for someone to be convinced to help.

Considering that a large portion of your fans are not financially inclined to make investments on your house, there may be other ways that people could help. Why not set up a Paypal donation button. I have some money on a paypal that I don't mind donating, and I am sure most people wouldn't mind donating some money considering all the great videos you have provided. I know you do have a paypal donate button, but it is very hidden on your website and I had to literally search for it. Why not put a little donate link under your videos?

Also, are you partnered on Youtube? Are you monetizing your videos? I'm not sure that you are, and if you aren't then WHY NOT? My girlfriend is partnered on youtube, and has only 9k subscribers and she makes $100 every few months. I know that isn't much but hey, every little bit counts right? With the amount of views you have on your videos, and the constant traffic you get, I can't imagine that you won't make a few hundred dollars a month.

I guess the point of my email is, help us, to help you. There are plenty of people out there that are capable and willing to help, whether it be by donating, or clicking on the ads on your videos.

I wish you the best of luck.
    House/Electro House
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DJGoodSamaritan
    My Blog: http://musicoverpeople.com

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I've not watched it yet but why does he need money? He's got half the house and has lost his kids- doesn't that mean he has to pay for less than he did before?
    Spoken like someone who has probably never been married and cheated on.
    Paid into a mortgage and got shit on and lost most of the money. And doesnt have children so hasnt just had them taken away from him and is about to be evicted.

Ive never suffered the above but I can at least empathise at bit although I suppose you are being 'tongue in cheek' ?

Honestly the impression I've got from his videos is that he's a pretty decent guy. He's a bit eccentric, but he's out there to help other people learn the craft and that's pretty admirable. It's unfortunate what he's going through; I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Spoken like someone who has probably never been married and cheated on.
    Paid into a mortgage and got shit on and lost most of the money. And doesnt have children so hasnt just had them taken away from him and is about to be evicted.

Ive never suffered the above but I can at least empathise at bit although I suppose you are being 'tongue in cheek' ?
    My thoughts exactly. Poor bugger.

Its pretty obvious Popingay has no fucking idea about big person problems.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would consider bashing this guy. I have loved some of his videos, others not so much. He does however put it ALL out there, warts and all. There are a couple of other videos where he talked about the shit that was going on. You don't see this level of honesty and sincerity very much these days.

I think the house idea is going to be a hard proposition to sell someone on but he's also going to need A LOT of small donations if he's to hit whatever number he needs. I am wondering if there are any lawyers/financial planners out there that might be open to donating some time and help him figure out some strategies for his situation.

If you have kids you know exactly what hes going through. If you don't - there's really no way to explain it.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Sucks to hear...........I have watched a couple of his vids when he features new products.........I know when I need money I sell my extra dj equipment or my rare car parts!

If his wife cheated, then he should get the kids, and as far as the house is concerned, why not sell it and split the profit......but then I dont know how shit works in the UK, sounds fucked...........I feel for the guy, I been there!

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post

^^

Seems so...
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Yeah, its a shame man.

Fucking woman...I tell you!!!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

As far as the house is concerned, why not sell it and split the profit
    I'm hazarding a guess that the mortgage is probably for way more than the house is worth in the current fucked up climate, hence the reason a long term investment or loan is required.

I feel for him, every time I see one of his vid's I think he could be the frontman for any of the big name DJ companies (or run his own). I really don't think his approach is quite right in the global financial mess we're in though.

If I was him I might thing about approaching some of the bigger suppliers out there about a long term up-front advertising contract for his vid's / site + have him work for them full-time ... he has the following already to make that work for in their favor.

I hope he finds a way out of his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post

I LOL'd

Quote Originally Posted by Good Samaritan View Post
    I sent the poor guy an e-mail. Heres what I said:

Dear Ellaskins,

Greetings from the US. I've been a big fan of your videos ever since I got into DJing, and I am very sorry to hear about what you are going through. After watching your recent video, "HELP KEEP DJ TUTOR GOING PLEASE!" I found myself with a huge desire to help, but completely lost as to how I was supposed to do that. Now, let me begin by saying that I am a full-time college student so I do not have money to "invest". The problem with your video is that it is very confusing as to how you want people to assist you. I saw a post on DJTT Forums showing your video, but most people commenting wish they could help but have no idea how. You need to provide more information for someone to be convinced to help.

Considering that a large portion of your fans are not financially inclined to make investments on your house, there may be other ways that people could help. Why not set up a Paypal donation button. I have some money on a paypal that I don't mind donating, and I am sure most people wouldn't mind donating some money considering all the great videos you have provided. I know you do have a paypal donate button, but it is very hidden on your website and I had to literally search for it. Why not put a little donate link under your videos?

Also, are you partnered on Youtube? Are you monetizing your videos? I'm not sure that you are, and if you aren't then WHY NOT? My girlfriend is partnered on youtube, and has only 9k subscribers and she makes $100 every few months. I know that isn't much but hey, every little bit counts right? With the amount of views you have on your videos, and the constant traffic you get, I can't imagine that you won't make a few hundred dollars a month.

I guess the point of my email is, help us, to help you. There are plenty of people out there that are capable and willing to help, whether it be by donating, or clicking on the ads on your videos.

I wish you the best of luck.
    +1. Sound advice

He clearly married the wrong woman but... do you think she left him cause he was spending too much time making youtube dj tutorials videos for free? I mean be an amazing woman to think that's attractive right?

My missus likes my DJing, part of what attracted her innit, but even she gets a bit knarky at how much time I like to spin and post chat on DJTT.

Jus sayin
    Last edited by MaxOne; 02-01-2012 at 07:10 AM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast