Deep House/Bass Music
Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Deep House/Bass Music

Just wanted to get a rough idea on what people's thoughts on deep house and bass music are? SBTRKT, Pearson Sound, Disclosure, Boddika, Blawan, Maya Jane Coles, Eats Everything, Julio Bashmore, Mosca, Catz n Dogz...

Are these all artists popular with DJTT forum members? I just wandered what the general feel for music here was!

P.S if you are into this kind of music leave some feedback on my quick 15minute mix! Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/tukker_uk/malfunctionbassmix

Peace, tukker.

Loads of deep house heads here. A few Bass Heads as well, Id say mainly uk based.

Noticed your in Shrewsbury, this may be of interest:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45814

Tech Wizard

Cheers, just checked it out and left a response, any of there bass heads out there?

I hear ya!! Some of my favourite artists there.

http://soundcloud.com/fy00g_mu5ic

Haven't laid down a mix for quite a while for no obvious reason but you can see the stuff I mix above.

Just checked your mix and I really liked it but I have to be honest I wouldn't call that deep house? Deep house to me is people like Jamie Jones, Art Department, Maceo Plex etc. I would definitely call yours "Bass" as a general term.

Loving all this stuff at the minute, we have a night in Leicester called Skrabble which is all in this vein.

Glad to find some kindred spirits!!
    Last edited by Fyoog; 02-01-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Tech Wizard

Yeah I realise it has no deep house haha! It's the last 15minutes of a hour set, the rest of which is more deep house, as you said macro plex (stay high for me), some maya, eats everything etc!

Just listening to your 'night terrors mix'! very nice indeed, loving the vibe. Whats the song playing around 4:30?

Not looking for anymore DJs for your night are you ? haha! I can send you an hour mix if you want!

Tech Mentor

I am really into most of the artists you mentioned (and will check it the ones I havn't heard yet...).
    Joy Orbison is another fav of mine in the same vein.
    I'm also UK based.
    Cheers,
    P

Tech Wizard

I actually fell in love on this thread. Could you guys give me a play list? Or some songs? I've got the artists names, but could you recommend more?

Default Love that sound

I really love the artists you mentioned above.
    There is a lot of really great deep house/bass music coming out lately. The majority looks like its coming from the UK, which is awesome but its kind of lonely over here in Florida, USA.
    http://www.soundcloud.com/asonamusic
    That is my project, maybe you will enjoy this sound as well

and to feelthecisuM - Maya Jane Coles - Dont Put Me In Your Box EP on Hypercolour is relatively new and has some great deep house and bass sounds. That is my recommendation.

Bass music is all over the place at the moment, absolutely loving it. Spoilt for choice down here in London
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    Loving all this stuff at the minute, we have a night in Leicester called Skrabble which is all in this vein.
    Shit, I have family and friends up in Leicester so I'm up there on the regs. Would love to have a night like this to go to rather than getting dragged to Mosh or Redeemer again!

Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast