New to this, £350 to spend...help!!!
    Tech Convert

Default New to this, £350 to spend...help!!!

Hi All,

Have done a fair bit of research but im still stuck as to what to buy. I used to Dj, but gave up to raise a family... now got the bug and have been blown away by the advancement in technology since I packed my 1210's away, 7 years ago...but...

I do not have clue what top buy for my £350

The S2 has dropped to £320 and whilst im guessing you guys are going to tell me they are hands down the best, the reviews seem to point towards them lacking a few features and it's this conflict thats confusing me!

I can get the Vestax VCI 100 MK2 for same price. Other than those 2 Decks.co.uk seems to offer good prices and a decent range…

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/DJ_Controllers?pn=5 ( hope I’m allowed to post links?)

Really looking forward to your input and getting involved in the forums!

Dave.

Tech Mentor

Note that the price of the S2 includes a full version of traktor pro 2, and the controller has a great audio interface built in. Bearing all that in mind it's a great price that's hard to beat.
    I would say go for it, and if you find yourself wanting more controls further down the line you can always add another cheap controller with more buttons and knobs in addition to the S2.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco Loco View Post
    Note that the price of the S2 includes a full version of traktor pro 2, and the controller has a great audio interface built in. Bearing all that in mind it's a great price that's hard to beat.
    I would say go for it, and if you find yourself wanting more controls further down the line you can always add another cheap controller with more buttons and knobs in addition to the S2.
    this exactly, i wish something of this quality was available at such a low price when i started out.
    if you havent got cd players i'd say go for it!
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Oh s2 for sure.

Its kind of perfect, I want!

I'm digging mixing just on an x1 and mixer at the moment but I semi miss jog wheels
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

I just ordered an S2 from the DJTT Store. Really looking forward to getting mine.

It may be less feature rich then the S4... but I'd say it's better then the VCI-100... and it includes a full version of Traktor Pro 2, if you don't already have a copy.

I'm upgrading from the Vestax TR-1... which I compared before to the VCI-100; but without jog wheels, but with better FX controls (able to control FX1 and FX2 completely) and layout. Because I love playing with EFX and looping, I picked the TR-1... but this is going to be even better with the dedicated buttons for loops/hot-cues/samples/etc.
    13" Macbook Air (OS 10.8/256GB SSD/4GB RAM) | Traktor S2
    Latest DJ Recording: The Wedding Set (40 Minute House Set)

Tech Convert

Haha well that was unanimous! S2 it is then… just so I know – what is it about the s2 that trumps the extra features offered by the Vestax?

DJTT Mapping available for it. Traktor Integration is second to none
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Tech Convert

Setting it up now

!!!!