Traktor S4 Decks Skipping!
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor S4 Decks Skipping!

So recently I've noticed that one of my Traktor S4's decks is skipping (Deck A/C). I'm running Traktor Pro 2 on a Macbook Pro, and the software randomly acts as if the deck is being held down (stopped). It either thinks that the deck is being tapped irregularly over a short period of time or just stopped completely for a while. To stop this, I had to just tap the deck, and it would act as normal again. This happened a few times, and I noticed it was only on the left deck. I cleared any wires dangling over the deck, and the problem continued. I also disabled the jog wheel push in the preferences menu, and it seemed to solve the problem for a while, but soon after it was back.

I've been told this problem could be due to having my studio monitors fairly close to my S4, and the vibrations from the bass are causing the deck to skip. This doesn't sound very believable to me, because it would be on both sides, not just the left, and a 5" studio monitor at around half volume doesn't give off much vibration.

I'm not sure if my S4 is defective or anything, but I've had it for almost a year now, and it was fine until recently. No events (like spills or drops) have happened to my S4, and I haven't tampered with it at all, so why do you think my deck is suddenly overly sensitive? Has anybody had this issue? How might I go about solving this?

Thanks

Vibration on one jog wheel top plate maybe? Check the top of this forum for Photojojo's jog wheel replace recalibrate guide

Tech Wizard

recalibrate the jogs, it happened to me before.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Ableton Live 8, Vestax VCM-600, Technics 1210 MK5 (2), Audio8DJ, Vintage Urei 1620 Rotary Mixer, Bozak CMA-10-2DL Custom Mixer, Kontrol X1 (2), Pioneer EFX-500, Facebook www.DJJasonPaul.com

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yep, recalibrate.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Thanks so much all!

Hi,

I've had my S4 for nearly a month, and yesterday evening the right hand deck has started skipping within tracks. It's only a beat or so (back OR forth), and maybe only twice in every minute, but clearly it's enough to throw a mix totally out.

I've tried a recal, restarted Traktor hardware and software, but it's still happening.

Would anyone have any further tips on this?

Many thanks.
    c