Dj icemans tips for new djs-paying your dues-top 5
    Tech Wizard

Default Dj icemans tips for new djs-paying your dues-top 5

Good info Iceman. Always good to hear from those that have been in the trenches for a long time.

Those are def learning experiences that every DJ has/will experience throughout their careers.

Thanks for sharing!

Think I've heard of every experience mentioned other than the WD40 thing, but mostly because there's other alternatives for it now. Particularly gettin beat by a club/club owner/promoter, as you put it, which happens way more often than it should. I don't even gig yet and that's the most common shitty experience I hear DJ's complain about, even equipment malfunctions (you can fix or replace a faulty wire, you can't fix a non-existent check you were expecting to cash).
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

Great stuff man, as a new DJ starting his own night your tips are valuable as hell! WD40 and the fixing your own equipment thing are both excellent shouts haha!

lol @ #1... i remember the first time i really played out at a party i had been asked to play at, only knew a couple of people there. was just cueing up my first my first record after the last guy and the bloody amp blew... took about 30mins for them to get a replacement. i was nervous enough before that, never mind after they fixed it was a bloody good night tho after that
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"