Samurai's Setup

Thread: Samurai's Setup

Tech Convert

Default Samurai's Setup

Hey guys, just wanted to share what I have. Pretty simple compared to a lot of others, but it's still way too powerful for me so I'm open to suggestions. I've only had this setup for a night (two devices arrived in one day... so nice) and have been spinning since August. I was using Vestax Spin/Djay but now --

Kontrol S2
    MPD-18
    iPad running Lemur (also use iKaossilator, Animoog)
    Sol Republic headphones

Ideally want to use the MPD-18 as a cheap alternative to a MIDI Fighter plus develop some Lemur templates for controlling FX as well (esp. effects selection and adding a few knobs with multiple effects mappings). Probably won't be updating anything for a while until I learn more, but would love to hear any suggestions for potential future reconfigurations between the MPD and iPad.

So cool seeing everyone else's stuff

EDIT: Having issues uploading picture, will try to include later.

Pix son.......

Tech Convert

Was having too much fun playing with it. Not sure if it's better to use the MPD or iPad instead of a MIDI Fighter - just created two Lemur pages mapped to the decks and it's fun to mash it up. Other Lemur pages allow me to select FX via faders and control FX 3 & 4 which the S2 can't. Using the MPD also for FX and samples (vs. looped sample play on S2).

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/8ohl7

Sorry Mods, I'm not normally this tech ignorant but upload & embed aren't working for me...
    Last edited by Samurai; 02-05-2012 at 04:12 AM.