CDJ-2000 looks like it has been discontinued- time for the CDJ-2000 Nexus speculation - Page 38
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    But if the price was 1/2 of what they are now they might sell 3/4 times more units, Because it seams most people would want them but just can't aford them. So they would actualy make more money then they do now. If you had a SC3900 or 2900 and CDJ2000 side by side costin the same most people would choose the Pioneer.
    I don't think so...I mean we are now getting into hypothetical area but lets run with it anyway. I believe there are two things the make Pioneer such an attractive brand to many DJs (especially new DJs):

1. They've managed to get themselves entrenched as the club "standard" player. This gives them alot of cred and there is no doubt that that is their main sales driver.

2. They are elitelly priced. Meaning they are financially beyond the reach of many people. People want what they can't afford. That's why people who own Fords want Bentleys, people who own Bentleys want yachts, people who own yachts want planes and people who own planes want to go into space...

So given #2, if the CDJ-900 was priced at $800 & the 2000 at $1100 similarly to Denon, do you think they would still be as popular? Or do you think people would now look at features because they are priced similarly? I think people would now look at features and performance and while Pioneer would compete, they would not be as dominate. I really think Pioneers second biggest sales driver is their price...they cost so much so they have to be the best.

Doesn't Pioneer hook clubs up? Isn't that how they became the standard by ensuring that their gear was being used in every club by offering great deals?

Tech Mentor

screw it I'm opening up a club screw paying 6400 for 4 cdj's when i can make money selling frat guys overpriced vodka drinks while trying to catch his latest roufie victim... and play great music on gear i didn't have to buy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spencer4hire View Post
    There a ton of DJs still rocking the Denon 3500s still to this day. Denon makes products that are just as well built as Pioneer. To slam Denon due to build quality is ignorant of the facts. Have you ever had any experience with Denon CDs?
    Denon's physical build quality is fine, but honest truth? In my opinion, Denon can't build a CD deck that's even remotely aesthetically pleasing to save their life, and I've found the interfaces of their CD players to be kludgy (as well as layouts.) The SC2900 and SC3900 literally make my eyes bleed with color choices, shape and button placement. I've also generally disliked the feel of the buttons on those units - the CDJ's buttons are so reactive you barely have to breathe on them when you want to hit them but very hard to accidentally trigger (if that makes any sense) - I don't get that feel from the denon kit. If I'm bringing in a track fader-open I'd way, way prefer the pioneer cue/play buttons.

I know the appearance argument is a little superficial sounding but once I break past that "I'm dropping $1k on a CD player" point, money becomes less of an object than the satisfaction I'm gonna get from what I'm buying, and I have to say that for my money the Pioneer decks are superior in a lot of ways, both performance-wise and aesthetics-wise.

I'm not saying that if you like Denon stuff that's not cool, and if you're happy with it you clearly have way different tastes from me and that's 100% fine, I'm not gonna slam you on your choice of Denon kit, I just happen to think that there's a whole pile of factors that contribute to quality, big and small, and I really do feel like Pioneer has an edge that justifies the price.

Finally, 6 September we find out.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Tech Mentor

Holla!!!!

6th? Whats happening?
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

Ok just saw the video. Wonder how much price of the 1000 and 2000 will drop.
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

Tech Mentor

I hope its not an all in one piece... like a high end controller...