CDJ-2000 looks like it has been discontinued- time for the CDJ-2000 Nexus speculation - Page 43
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Anything that makes something easier automatically devalues it in the eyes of someone who learned the hard way. At least to some, I just see it as a easier way to do things and welcome progress.
    I have been deejaying for just shy of 20 years now (collecting vinyl even longer), the vast majority of those years on vinyl, and I won't be using sync for anything. 1st of all taking the time to manually make sure all your beatgrids are perfect is a HUGE PITA. 2nd, mixing is something I pride myself on.

But all that being said why do I care if there is a button there for Sync? There are all kinds of other buttons on a CDJ2000 that I also won't use.
    Last edited by Gavintech; 09-04-2012 at 04:27 PM.

I really hope the sync button on the new 2000s is just a rumor
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

it's funny that beatmatching DJ's think they can no longer use these CDJ's because of a sync button. Some cars have auto break systems if you pay atention to your driving you might never need them, but your going to love them when you get cut of guard.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lucasmanning View Post
    I hope this post is just sarcasm.

Tech Mentor

I also hope they ditch the orange and green.... maybe red and dark purple or aqua... is that odd?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by wampaone View Post
    I also hope they ditch the orange and green.... maybe red and dark purple or aqua... is that odd?
    I agree wampaone, I hate the cdj and djm colors, thats one of the reasons why i changed them all did blue, purple, reds and whites all over, looks 100x better then the original, in my opinion anyway, and anyone else who sees them

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucasmanning View Post
    Why?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I am an old school DJ too, 25 years and counting and I could care less if there's a sync button, just cause it's there doesnt mean you have to use it, put some tape over it, problem solved or maybe Pioneer should put a setting in the menu to disable it if it really bothers people that much, lol

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    I agree wampaone, I hate the cdj and djm colors, thats one of the reasons why i changed them all did blue, purple, reds and whites all over, looks 100x better then the original, in my opinion anyway, and anyone else who sees them
    Brichi!! I was wondering when you were gonna chime in homie!! You will have to show me a those pics of your mods and how you did it!!!

Tech Guru

Yeah really if you don't want to use it don't touch it. I own Traktor and only use sync if I'm layering more than two tracks on top of each other. When I'm beat matching manually the sync button is right there but I don't even think about using it. It's an awesome tool for freeing up time to do new things beyond blending two tracks together. If Pioneer don't implement it they will be left in the dust soon