Dropbox - Up to 5gb extra space for FREE
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Dropbox - Up to 5gb extra space for FREE

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=53104

All you gotta do is upload some photos/videos from your phone or camera using the new beta version of dropbox.

Doing it via a mobile is a pain (especially with the amount you'd need to upload) so the easiest way to do it is to drag and drop a bunch of photos on to a removable USB drive, set it to autoplay and plug it into your PC. When you plug the drive in, choose 'auto upload to Dropbox'. Once this begins you will start getting an extra 500mb of free space every time you upload 500mb of pictures/videos (until you reach the 5gb limit).

if you don't have a dropbox account, you can get one here (comes with 2.25gb of free space to start with but use the method above to get it up to 7.25gb for absolutely free!)

anyone done this yet? I'm loving all that extra space so far! So useful for keeping my Traktor tunes nice and safe on the cloud.

in addition, here's another relatively easy way to get an extra 16GB of space:

http://lifehacker.com/5854955/how-to...words-for-free

looks interesting..

how long does one have to upload it and still get the extra storage?

/edit:

nice, you just have to import the photos/videos via their new importer tool, not even upload them completely in order to get the free GB!
    Last edited by basspenetrator; 02-06-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    you just have to import the photos/videos via their new importer tool, not even upload them completely in order to get the free GB!
    exactly - it's stupidly easy to do this.

all you have to do is drag and drop ANY random photos onto a removable usb drive. Then just plug the USB drive in, let autoplay start up Dropbox and start uploading the pictures.

For every 500mb you upload, you get an extra 500mb of capacity, for free.

Once you reach the 5GB limit, just delete all the photos (unless you wanna keep them on there of course).

is this just a windows option at the minute?
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecko View Post
    is this just a windows option at the minute?
    nope, check the first link in my original post for the Mac beta version

the first two 500mb i got quite fast. but now it wont give me more.. i think i have to upload everything to get all the bonus..

found this here:

Are you absolutely sure about the following:

1. You have uploaded at least 501MB of videos.
    2. You have uploaded at least 501MB of photos.
    3. Your total upload *exceeds* 5001MB.
    4. You have used the desktop photo uploader to perform the uploads (and not copy and pasting the content into the Camera Uploads folder)
    5. You have uploaded UNIQUE content. Not re-uploading the same files or trying to trick Dropbox by renaming the files (that is not going to work).
    6. You have waited for all the content to be FULLY UPLOADED to the Dropbox servers. (Simply importing the photos will not work, it needs to be fully uploaded before it counts.)

Dropbox is very particular about the above requirements.

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=53107

oh and this might come in handy:

www.dropbox.com/free
    Last edited by basspenetrator; 02-06-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

thanks milo checking this out now. already i have the xtra 500mb (looks like i'm going to have a busy morning
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Thx for the heads up, filling a usb drive with pics now

PS: If you are using the thumbdrive method, keep the DCIM folder structure, else dropbox won't recognize it as such.
    Last edited by padi_04; 02-06-2012 at 01:50 PM.

and boom. 7.25gb (if you dont have a lot of images, just delete the files from camera uploads and plug the drive in again) thanks again mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast