Moving on to DVS, needing some help.

Default Moving on to DVS, needing some help.

Hi guys...
    I've always wanted to spin vinyl, but I never could afford decks and mixer... Besides, Im always moving, and its hard to have enough room for my stuff. Actually my setup, dj and production, is:

vestax vci-100 1.2
    M-audio Audiophile firewire
    Akai Mpd-24
    Oxygen 8 v2
    Tr-707
    Stanton Uberstand
    Traktor Pro

I wanna the feel of vinyl, and then I decided to crossgrade to traktor scratch pro, and I started to choose a budget-but-still-good setup. And now theres why I created this topic here, for some advises...!

I was thinkin about 2 technics mkII + Korg KM 402 + Traktor Scratch Pro + Korg NanoPad. But the decks are expensive for me, and I dont know when Id be able to save money for them. Been reading about the Stanton T.80, and I'd like to know if its a good idea or no. My other choise is abandon dvs and go for hybrid turntables like Gemini CDT-05. What do you guys think? Any turntables good and "affordable"?

PS: If you wanna trade some gear, bring it on!

get some used 1200's. I've seen them go for 350 to 400 a pair here in l.a.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Hm, I hope I could find them at this price in Europe.

i see why not...1200's are 1200's. Yeah the price may vary a bit, but I would get a used pair of tech1200's before getting some gemini's or numarks (not flamming) Now I would pick up some Stanton & Vestax, they are pretty sweet, but nothing beats the feeling of the 1200's
    Last edited by JesC; 04-14-2009 at 07:22 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

If you are not able to afford a pair of 1200s I would look in some other models of TTS that are known to be good and that can give you some extra features. For instance there are TTs for $100 less than a 1200 that have digital outputs, that you can use to rip vinyls or for connecting to Traktor. Ideal for your Audiophile which has SPdif In or for a clean timecode signal. The 1200s are the best and there is no discussion. but still if you are going to play trhough Traktor and you are using your TT as a controler, maybe others Like the Stanton STR8.150 or maybe a used Denon Dp-dj151 (Which I love and is very similar to a 1200) will do a perfect job for you.

Get a pair of 1200s; they are standard issue at most clubs so why not take the time to learn what you'll probably use?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I agree, get a pair of second hand 1200/1210s.
    Most DJs look after their TTs more than their girlfriends. If you go to check out some TTs you will know instantly if they have been taken care of.
    If your buying them from a guy who is almost breaking down in tears because he is selling his pride and joys you can be sure they will be working fine.

Thats why I love that forum. You guys are always nice and helpfull, no matter how newbie are the questions. lol

Well, problably Id buy them from european ebay, in case of technics... And I wouldnt be able to check the quality of those old decks. Buying them in Italy is suicide. Everything here is overpriced, and since they didnt discover internet and the tax laws of UE yet (to buy stuff from other european countries), people still pay for those expensive dj gear here.
    One thing that Im gonna check is the digital output. Because Im gonna pass my vinyl colection to my computer, and Ill be using the decks as controllers with traktor.
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

hey Gueen, i am in the exact same spot as you but few weeks ahead. I have my TSPRO already ordered and on its way (sadly had to buy it fullprice from stone-shop) and friday's i am gonna make a trip to the east part of Czech Republic for pair of used MKIIs. I guess the position of our market is similiar to italian, so i'll tell you that i am getting those for roughly 800$. I searched loads and loads of offers and auctions and this price range is way too common so i would be surprised it would differ much in Italy or anywhere in europe. I can advise to do the same (search your net for all 2nd hand offers and call em up), so you won't have to deal with some long range out-of-a-country transport of TTs (they are heavy as hell so delivery companies may calculate outrageous pricing range).
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII