Midi Fighter or X1?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midi Fighter or X1?

Hello guys, now I know this has been asked many times before, but I still can't decide. I am stuck between a MF Classic and a Kontrol X1. I am a beginner DJ at around 7 months with a decent amount of gigs already. I want something that I will be able to get the best use out of for my money. Currently all I use is a Mixtrack Pro with Traktor duo 2 on a Mac.So, based on your opinion, which would be better? My mixing Style is no scratching, with a lot of cue points, loops, and effects. Thanks!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

X1 hands down.
    If you want control over FX you may want knobs and there is a lot of versatility with the X1 right out of the box.

Dont get me wrong the MF is awesome, I have one but i personally think the MF is an add on controller and for more advanced users.

Unless you use the DJTT mappings on the MF its not as versatile or all-rounder as the X1.

Hm, Okay, So what exactly is the MF used for the most?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Have a look at Eans videos on the Blog. An MF can do a LOT of things with the right mapping and Eans mappings for FX control are a work of art but they much suit a certain kind of DJ.

if you wanna do a lot button mashing and cue jumping the MF is best thing on the market simply cus of its responsive buttons.

There loads of YouTube vid on the X1 and the MF. Look at a few and you will soon see what they can do and you may see stuff that you wanna do.

Watching them in action is worth more than a million words.

Watched videos on both, and now I'm really torn! they both look super awesome in different ways.

id reccomend the x1 starting out as well... something alot of people overlook is that once you get going with your mapping, setting some fx presets to buttons for spamming , can be done with anything. the x1 has the midi mode page so you can just set that up as a bunch of midi fighter style presets and you still retain all the functionality of the x1!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

You know you can just slap the midifighter mapping on the X1, right? I mean it has a 4 by 4 grid of buttons right there at the bottom.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Depending on the map, the instant grat pages haven't been replicated exactly as far as I know.

Personally I'd go for the X1 for the extra knobs and I prefer rubberized buttons over arcade.

Looks like x1 is superior so far.

yah dont get me wrong the MF is great, and Eans mappings are unquestionably genius. But I agree with Karlos that its better suited as an ad on accessory.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast