Beats mixr Headphones
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beats mixr Headphones

Just seeing if anyone around here is using them? I know there is far better headphones out there for the price than beats but i just saw these yesterday and wanted to know if they were as good for djing as they claim to be.

I know you can get some far better headphones for the price but was just interested to see if anyone had any pros or cons about them

Tech Student

>beats

stopped reading there.

No "bitch audio" phones is even close worth the pricetag.
    Sadly you shouldnt even pay 50% of what they cost really.
    Tried several of them, can't advise you to purchase any of their headphones.

Sony MDR700, Sennheiser HD25 (coming new version with mic for phone in april),
    pioneer, reloop, hell id say most brands out there are better to buy if your dropping 100 dollars+

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hounderd View Post
    >beats

stopped reading there.
    Welcome.

Really helpful first post on the forum. Can't think of a single reason for posting that. Let's hope your second post is a bit more constructive or interesting.

@graydodge14, Beats are not good for DJing they colour the sound too much. This has been discussed many many time on DJTT. Nobody ever recommend them.

Search the forum, Theres loads of threads on this subject.

Yeah i wasnt planning on purchasing them, i just saw them yesterday and the box makes it sound like their the best dj headphones to be made in the past 10 years so i was just curious if anyone had actually trying djing with them.

But i do agree their way overpriced so dont get me wrong on that.

Yeah guys i wasnt looking for recommendations or anything, i just wasnt sure if maybe they had made these with a flatter response or something compared to the pros or studios, which would make it a better djing headphone.

But it seems like there basically a copy of the studios besides the 180 degree swivel. But yeah im sticking to my Pioneer hdj-2000 for now was just curious what the mixrs offered that was different than the other models.

I have a cheap pair of sony headphones (30$) and I like them better than the beats that my friend has. I don't use these for djing mind you, not very good. Check out the HD-25s really really really nice cans.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Convert

My friend here in my dorm has them and he enjoys them for what they do, aka play a lot of bass. I have the hd 25s and I love them. They are sturdy and comfortable. Clear sounding. So IMO HD 25s >> Beats

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    I have a cheap pair of sony headphones (30$)
    MDR-V150 ???
    Ive always got a pair of those knocking about in case my Senns stop working.
    They are like £14 in UK and are loud as hell.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    MDR-V150 ???
    Ive always got a pair of those knocking about in case my Senns stop working.
    They are like £14 in UK and are loud as hell.
    I've got the MDR-V500 Sony's, cheap but perform well for the price - from memory £35 on Amazon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast