What if we could stream music directly from Beatport? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So did anyone actually make the jump to streaming DJ?
    For me, the move to streaming killed my bedroom DJ career. I don't have any newer music than 2012, which makes it so hard to pick up again.
    Check out my pages on SoundCloud and MixCloud

Gear: rMBP15" + Traktor Kontrol S4 + S4 Flight Case + Traktor Pro + iPad with Traktor DJ + Tonium Pacemaker

I can't imagine not owning my own music...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

i wonder if the streaming thing is a good thing for the artist, do they get sufficient pay to keep producing
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    i wonder if the streaming thing is a good thing for the artist, do they get sufficient pay to keep producing
    If it's anything like the payout artists receive for Spotify, I can't imagine so.

This is the future. The cloud is the future.

I DJ my own warm up sets on DJay Pro iPad with Spotify.

I don't care to buy all those chill out downtempo tracks and standards when I can easily stream them on Spotify for $10 a month.

I sold all my gear and replaced it with Algoriddim's djay software and a Reloop Mixtour. Of course, I was never a professional, but I've found this to be exactly what I need. It has gotten me back into mixing as a hobby because it's so easy to use.
    Check out my pages on SoundCloud and MixCloud

Gear: rMBP15" + Traktor Kontrol S4 + S4 Flight Case + Traktor Pro + iPad with Traktor DJ + Tonium Pacemaker

I dig the idea for the club night/bar night DJ. They have to deal with a lot of requests. When I do open format sets, I find myself constantly buying tunes at the gig to fulfill requests (gotta keep those patrons buying drinks).

I for one, prefer owning the music which is played. My crates are meticulously organized. However, the way I play is not how others do. New technology is always welcomed into the community.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

this is how I feel also but this is how I felt coming from records to mp3s. made the switch and found benefits but still love vinyl. not sure if ill make the switch to streaming though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123