Problems with slow start of TSP2 on my mac.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problems with slow start of TSP2 on my mac.

Hi,

Recently I got a strange problem with my TSP2 software. I have a brand new (two months) mac book pro with about the highest specs availible today. The computer has more than enough power.

I have been using TSP2 for 2 months now on my new mac without any problems. But last night when I should start djīing. Traktor would not start. The well known "mac-umbrella" turned up on the screen. TSP2 did not start.

I uninstalled TSP2 completely. Reinstalled it and updated the program with the newest version downloaded from NI website.

I tried to start it and it did not start. I was leaving my computer for 10 minutes and when I came back TSP2 had started. I restarted TSP2 and again it would not start normally.

My mac uses now 5-6 min to start TSP2 and when it starts there is a delay on 1-2 min from I press a button until anything happens.

I really donīt know whats wrong. Iīve cleaned my mac and reinstalled TSP2 several times.

Still not working. Help... Anybody???

I'm thinking it's a hard drive issue.

Everything else works perfect. Logic, Abelton, Photoshop, 4D cinema etc... Do not think itīs the HD.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you checking consistency or importing music on startup?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If the above is not true.

Close Traktor.

In your Native Instruments>Traktor folder. There is a file Traktorsettings.tsi

Back it up (copy and paste it to the desktop) and then trash the one in the folder.

Start Traktor. If it opens immediately your settings.tsi was corrupt. You will have to re-do your layouts and favourites.

If that doesnt work, close Traktor and reinstate the back up from the desktop.

Then we can start over.

btw-what is the Mac-Umbrella. Ive never heard of it. Do you mean the "Spinning Rainbow of Death" or beachball of death..?

http://spinningbeachballofdeath.com/

Thanks a lot for the tip.

Have deleted all tsi files... Still 5-6 min startup time.

Spinnig ball of death... I call it the spinning beach umbrella!

Any other ideas?

Try backing up the Collection.nml and then deleting it from the Traktor folder.
    Then start Traktor and see if its starts quickly. It will create a new empty collection.nml
    If it does you may have an issue in the collection.

you can file it with NI Support and attach the collection.nml and they can look to see if anything is corrupt.

If it still takes ages just copy the collection.nml back to the same folder.

If Traktor starts fine, you could make a new collection.
    But thats for another day.

Thanks a lot for answering.

I donīt have any music collection anymore. Have deleted all native instruments files and directories and reinstalled TSP2. There are no old tsi files or any other files.

Itīs all clean and updated. There are no music in the library now. Still takes 5-6 minutes startup...

Hmm, strange. I notice you say that every other application is running fine because im wondering if you have some plist files left over that are conflicting.

Try running the Mac uninstall Utility from this page :
    http://co.native-instruments.com/?id=freeupdates

Its in the Utilities Section half way down. This will remove every last trace of Traktor from the Mac. Then try a fresh install.

Fingers crossed.

Thanx a lot for trying to help me...

Have used the "NIUninstallUtility_110_Mac" to unistall all files. Restarted the computer. Install TSP2 from the disk i got when I bought it. Installed the update from NI website... Still using 5-6 min startup time...

It has to be something else running on this computer thatīs that conflicts with TSP2. There are not anything running that I can see. I am using the terminal using the "ps aux | less". And I still do not see any unknown processes going on.

It all happens when I shut down TRAKTOR last thursday when I was finished on my dj gig. When I start up my Mac again on Saturday it didnīt work. Nothing new installed and nothing else is changed either...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast