Problem using TSP2 with timecode vinyl
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem using TSP2 with timecode vinyl

Hi I recently purchased the Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Certified MIxer Upgrade as I have been using the Denon DN-X1600 mixer, I figured why not add Traktor in addition to my SSL setup. I have used Traktor before on other peolpe's sets but have never had to go through all of this before, I am just familiar with the part of the program that is in use while djing or beat gridding.

So I install, run the set up wizard, route all inputs, outputs, etc. Go to calibrate the vinyl and I am not getting anything. No circles, just says scratch disabled, sometimes it will say waiting, but then it never moves out of this status. I can use the mouse to click the play arrow and the sound comes through on the proper channels, but still nothing when I try the vinyl. I've tried plugging the turntables in the line input, in the phono input, in various channels, nada.

I contacted the NI customer support so we'll see if they can help. In the meantime anyone else have any tips?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If you hover over the Deck Letters 'A' and 'B' you will get a drop down menu.
    Chose Scratch Control.

Scratch Control is already on

What exact version of Traktor Scratch Pro are you using?
    Did you get the Timecode with the package?
    Are you using Mk1 or Mk2 timecode?

I got the Tracktor Scratch Pro 2 certified mixer upgrade.
    I updated to 2.1.2 from the start.
    Yes the timecode came with the package, it is Mk1.
    They offered a free upgrade to mk2 vinyl so I ordered that and it should be shipping today.

It will only work with MK2, I learned this last week

First of all, read the manual for your mixer in terms of the timecode setup. It's not always as straightforward as you might think (On my former Mackie d.4 pro, I had to plug the timecode feed into the line/phono input, not the input that was just line or phono, because that's where the drivers looked for the timecode data). Your turntables should be plugged into a phono input of some sort (phono inputs have pre-amps in them which amplify the phono signal to a line-level signal, FYI).

Aside from that, update the drivers for your mixer and go through the audio setup (youtube search for your mixer and traktor scratch pro setup and you will probably find someone showing you how to do so step by step). The wizard is unreliable at best for actually setting up timecode.

It could be a timecode issue, but the fact that you're getting "scratch disabled" makes me think that it's an issue with how you have your soundcard set up. I use a DJM 900 and I get that message when I have Traktor setup with my internal soundcard, not when I have the mixer's soundcard set up.

Sounds like the Traktor license you got is one of the older ones that should work with mk1 vinyl so thats not the problem. Try double checking all your I/O's.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E Wunda View Post
    I got the Tracktor Scratch Pro 2 certified mixer upgrade.
    I updated to 2.1.2 from the start.
    Yes the timecode came with the package, it is Mk1.
    They offered a free upgrade to mk2 vinyl so I ordered that and it should be shipping today.
    Did you have an installed and activated version prior to 2.1.2 ?

Yes I'll have to look and see what version it is. I'm not at home now, I'll post it up a bit later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast