Using Ableton Live to Perform umm.. Live ?

Default Using Ableton Live to Perform umm.. Live ?

Aight, so I need some help with this. Ive looked everywhere and tried to figure it out and it seems foreign to everyone (sadly).

Im trying to play songs after songs in Ableton without loading them. For example. Lets say I load "song 1 " with tracks and sequences in there, I finish that song and want to seg into my next song. I dont want to stop everything, load it, and play it, or try to open a second Ableton and switch into it. Theres got to be a solution for this.

Ive tried merging multiple songs into one song, with 493204829 tracks and sequences and It works, but my parameters and shit usually get screwed. I dont want to use traktor and dj them either. I want to trigger the sequences live, with live effecting on them, as well as playing freely over them, everything midi (atleast for now) .

Thanks !

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Use Instrument racks to consolidate them. Having a knob switch between the different instruments according to the song (you can automate this). Personally I would bounce them down most of the stems to wav

Yeah I was considering that, How would I midi map something to move around, like up and down tracks/scenes?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Enter mapping mode in ableton, the Scene scroll commands should show up on the master channel. You can't map a track scroll command (unless you are using max or want to get into making a framework), you'll have to map a button to select each track.

Alright, and your saying to pretty much merge them into one live set with every sequence and track group into a rack, only thing is, when i switch to my next song, will it know to switch all my parameters for that song ?

Tech Mentor

I asked Edison how what he does between live sets, and he said he used to use his Kaoss Pad (Any external FX processor will do) to grab a loop at the end of his song and mess with it while the next song loads. Now he said he just stops and lets everyone know he's just a guy with a laptop waiting for a song to load.
    That first option should work for you though
    Edit: that is if you just want a plain and simple transition
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Haha i mean yeah , i could do that , but it just seems like there would be some sort of way to do it without loading. Idk. Ill see what i can figure out