DJM900 rotary kit mod and CDJ2000 LED mod
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default DJM900 rotary kit mod and CDJ2000 LED mod

So since I LOVE rotaries and had to get the DJM900 this week, I decided to mess with the rotary from the 800 and get it into the 900. I also took out the yellow from the efx button, its now blue

also changed the color scheme on my cdj2000 but swapping a lot of the LEDs

hope you like!

They both look swagtastic
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Rotary 900... badness!!!
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

You are either very brave or very good, most likely both, if you were willing to hack open the 900.

Good work, looks lovely! Loved the DJM800 Rotary great "homage" so to say

Tech Mentor

Thank you guys! I love the rotary! I have been dj'ing for over 25 years so started with the Urei and Bozak mixers and have never liked slider faders, I always tried to buy my mixers based on rotary so the 900 not having the option killed me because I love every other aspect of the mixer coming from the 800, Now I have the choice

Tech Mentor

latest pics as of tonight, Pulled the rotary plate back out and painted it gloss back with a little metallic, also put dark purple led's in all the cues, thats a lot of led's!!!, 2 per cue. The purple is a lot darker then what you see in the pic, the blues and reds also look so light for whatever reason, but you get the point

Tech Guru

What a badass mod.

Mate, as i said b4, that's the nuts. I see pio are hot for you to share tips on how you did it on their forum?

Any chance you can post here? This is a modding forum after all...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

hey guys, the mods cost near nothing. As far as the cdj2000 mod, the led's were like $10 at the most, just had to rip the deck apart, desolder the led's you wanted to change and solder in the newer ones. Remember the polarity is important, on the LED the longer contact is +, shorter -. all the boards at the led slot are labeled with the led symbol so you know which way to insert the LED.

For the DJM900, The mod cost me nothing, I had the rotary kit already and I have a friend in a shop that cut the metal plate. They used the same setup pretty much from the DJM800, just changed the connector from a 4 pin the 800 has to a 3 pin in the 900, yet the rotary only uses the 3 wires so I just had to change the connector to a 3 pin, match the wiring up and it works perfect, volume, midi, on air feature, etc.... If you are planning going forth with the mod, PM me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast