VCI-400 or DDJ-TI
    Tech Student

Default VCI-400 or DDJ-TI

guys help me choose what equipment i should buy next.

Tech Convert

Default Vci-400

Hey man, I just picked up the VCI-400 last night and i run Traktor Pro 2 and love it!!!!
    I would highly recommend it, the learning curve is simple if you are familiar with Traktor Pro 2.
    The layout is the best I have tried, and believe me I have tried a bunch before dropping almost $1000 on my mixer
    Hope this helps
    later

is that a real question? ddj is a toy compared to the vci. support for the ddj will be from pioneer, support for the vci will come from vestax, but more importantly djtt...
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    is that a real question? ddj is a toy compared to the vci. support for the ddj will be from pioneer, support for the vci will come from vestax, but more importantly djtt...
    i wouldn't call the ddj a toy. there is so many more controllers out there that is consider as toy like. ddj would be recognized more by club people because a lot of clubs carry pioneers cdjs. it just all depends on how and what you want to do. if you want to dj for a club the get the ddj because its bigger and looks more "pro". read this article that djtt posted. not the same controllers but same concept. http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/02/0...oneers-ddj-s1/ but if you want to dj in your bedroom or be mobile then get the vci. you have to consider a lot of variables in considering what you "WANT" to buy and what you "NEED".

Tech Student

thanks guys i just wanted to make sure i was right. I had a feeling the VCI-400 was the way to go and i think it is. Definitely going to purchase it. I think its a better controller all around and i can really customize the mapping to my needs, which is the greatest advantage to the VCI.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by TPNV View Post
    i wouldn't call the ddj a toy. there is so many more controllers out there that is consider as toy like. ddj would be recognized more by club people because a lot of clubs carry pioneers cdjs. it just all depends on how and what you want to do. if you want to dj for a club the get the ddj because its bigger and looks more "pro". read this article that djtt posted. not the same controllers but same concept. http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/02/0...oneers-ddj-s1/ but if you want to dj in your bedroom or be mobile then get the vci. you have to consider a lot of variables in considering what you "WANT" to buy and what you "NEED".
    I personally wouldn't go with a DDJ if the plan is to play at clubs with their own gear. The major issue is that there's very little room to plop the thing down in. It's the same reason why NS6/NS7 aren't great for clubs, they are simply too darn big to find an easy place to put them down at.