Numark N4 pitch fader resolution in Traktor?

Default Numark N4 pitch fader resolution in Traktor?

Help needed from N4 owners!
    Could someone please tell me how's the resolution of the N4's pitch fader in Traktor? For example at 8% pitch range, how big are the steps?
    Also, I am interested in the quality of the sound card inside the N4.. heck, I'm interested in a full-on review so any thoughts and impressions are useful to me (I can't try it out before buying it so I have to fish for info this way).

Thank you in advance
    www.maxdfunk.com

Gear: S4 mk2, bass guitar, disco ball.

Tech Wizard

the faders are 14 bit so you could move .01 percent with 8% range.
    Setup:Technic 1200's Mk2, Denon DN-X120 Mixer, Korg PadKontrol, Traktor Audio 6, Numark N4. CPU/Software:Lenovo G550/Traktor Pro 2.
    https://www.facebook.com/DJMeash
    https://www.soundcloud.com/djmeash

Tech Wizard

I own one but I use VDJ. The faders are disappointing for manual beatmatching (not un-usuable but there's better out there). Soundcard's good for a home set up. Never played out with it so I don't know about on a larger system. You can google and get some full reviews. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

If steps are big you can decrease it by adjusting feder-relative rotary sensitivity and acceleration.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    If steps are big you can decrease it by adjusting feder-relative rotary sensitivity and acceleration.
    how do I do that?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

how do I do that?
    Was talking about Traktor, I see you're using VDJ tho...

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by aaron altar View Post
    how do I do that?
    I've come up with a solution for Traktor. Since I was unable to get the pitch fader resolution to go any less than .05 steps I did the following:

find the Tempo Adjust in controls. There should be two: one for each deck. Ignore the one that says out next to it. That's just traktor telling the n4 when to turn on the light.

In the one for Deck A select M1 from the modifier dropdown and 0 for the value.
    In the one for Deck B select M2 from the modifier dropdown and 0 for the value.

Create a new mapping and assign it to deck A and Tempo Adjust. In order for it to learn the right control I had to Grab the fader and wiggle it and press Learn while it was moving. (You want the one with the plus sign in the middle)
    Select M1 from the modifier dropdown and 1 for the value.
    Set the interaction mode to relative and the sensitivity down to 20% or whatever's comfortable for you.

Do the same for deck B.

What this does is make it so when you hold down the SHIFT button on the n4 it turns the sensitivity on the pitch fader way down so you can make fine adjustments.