exporting cue points

Default exporting cue points

Hey community,

does anyone know if u can export cues in traktor?

right now my friend and i are trying to wire up 2 traktor setups together and we're sharing the same music...we're wondering if there is a way to keep/export the cues/loops so we dont have to tag and prep each file twice.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You should just have to write the tags in Traktor. Make you you are saving your tags as Extended + Stripe (I think), but you just lay down the cue points, write the tags, and it should read it later.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

thanks for getting back to me,

its not so much the naming...but i rather keeping the cue points so that

if i cue up/loop up a file on my traktor. can i transfer the cues and loops to

my friends traktor? perhaps by editing the collection.nml file?

Tech Mentor

if you are not writing this data back to the mp3 files themselves then you are storing them in a folder called stripes.. usually located in your music directory.. possible somewhere else... if you and your friend have the same file structure and same files then it should be possible to simply copy the stripes folder.. this will contain the cue point data.

but as said above the best thing to do is get all your cue data written back into the mp3s themselves and then both of you can go on setting up tracks each, then use the write tag option and then send eachother the files... then load them up in track and use the read tags options...

if you need more info, the manual is quite useful around this subject

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Screwtape...

The tag of sn mp3 holds more than just the name. If you write the tags with the cues and loops dropped it will be writtent o the mp3. That way, when your friend opens that same file it will have the cues and loops there. But you have to Write To Tag after dropping the loops and cues.

You do not need to edit the collection.nml. Just save the stripes and the tags, send your collection and stripes to your friend's computer and load em up.

The info is in the manual.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall