Software that corrects mixtape mistakes? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

it depends...honestly for me i prefer pristine mixset as like listening to compilation mix CDs, i just dont want to interrupt the flow with some error here & there.

if you're just record it live for the fun of it, might as well do it the live way.
    it depends very much on what is the usage of the mixtape, for listening pleasure or just for gauging the personal practice progress.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Millenium Falcon View Post
    What's all this talk about 4-track, it seems like an expensive & niche piece of hi-fi equipment to record things onto when a 200 dollar CD recorder will suffice (and something I already have).
    not hi-fi. and not really niche either.

The only reason is so you don't waste CD-Rs with things you have to do over.

And you could re-record just mistakes with them if you wanted to…if it were good enough.

Edditting a Mixtape.... Mmm, is it still a Mixtape then?
    MacBook Pro / Dell XPS - S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - CDJ2000 - DJM900 Nexus - TMA-1 - Technics SL1200 MKII - Rodec MX 180

http://soundcloud.com/dj-pablo-korsou
    http://www.house-mixes.com/artists/DJ_Pablo_S/

If you make a mistake all you have to do is stop the song (don't stop the recording) and rewind back a couple of bars. Redo the mix and keep going with the recording. When you edit the mix tape, cut out the bad part.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kontrol View Post
    Edditting a Mixtape.... Mmm, is it still a Mixtape then?
    Id say so, if you literally cut and spliced a tape id call it a mixtape still, i think if it contains a sequence of selected tunes, its a mixtape.

However i think of mixtapes and promo mixs as different things, a promo should showcase your talent, be almost entirely live then just mastered, whereas a mix tape for me is just for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    Id say so, if you literally cut and spliced a tape id call it a mixtape still, i think if it contains a sequence of selected tunes, its a mixtape.

However i think of mixtapes and promo mixs as different things, a promo should showcase your talent, be almost entirely live then just mastered, whereas a mix tape for me is just for listening.
    Yep, from that point you're right I think.
    I was thinking more about a "Live Mix Tape", after edditting it isn't "live" anymore..
    MacBook Pro / Dell XPS - S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - CDJ2000 - DJM900 Nexus - TMA-1 - Technics SL1200 MKII - Rodec MX 180

http://soundcloud.com/dj-pablo-korsou
    http://www.house-mixes.com/artists/DJ_Pablo_S/

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Kontrol View Post
    Yep, from that point you're right I think.
    I was thinking more about a "Live Mix Tape", after edditting it isn't "live" anymore..
    I suppose you've never heard of post production, then?

If your goal is to put out an awesome mixtape, anything goes. If I were doing that, I'd use a DAW.

If your goal is to put out a demo…then, yeah, don't do anything you couldn't have done live. But it's rare that a commercial mixtape goes on sale without some kind of post production.

Tech Wizard

I had the same thoughts about making a mixtape.
    Tried audacity and ableton mainly so i could record each deck into a seperate channel so if i messed up i could edit the channel with the mistake.
    After attempting this and failing (not as easy as it sounds) i found it really isnt a true representation of yourself as a DJ.

For mixtapes i just PLAN PRACTICE and PREPARE
    Get my set locked in and practice the transitions for each song, mark the drop points/build ups/break downs with cue markers and do a few test recordings.
    The first few recordings are usually pretty good but i find i ALWAYS make mistakes mixing but the more i listen back the more i can hear what worked and what didn't as well as ideas to add more flavor to the mix
    I'm not pro but any recording of my sets would represent how i mix live.
    IF your making a spliced mixtape you can run MP3gain on the tracks so they are all the same volume.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast