Ears ringing for almost 24 hours... - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Kind of a bump.

I just wanted to stress to EVERYONE HERE that you MUST wear earplugs EVERY single time to DJ/attend events.
    Seriously.
    I had my own earplugs, custom ones that fit my ears and they got stolen at a party (dafuq ? steal earplugs ?) and I didn't bother to make some new.

I saw Skrillex on friday night, and my left ear (closest to the speaker) is still ringing. It might stay here forever, it might go in few days, but again, you DON'T want to experience this. It also feels like I have a low pass filter in each ear, and that's been super annoying for the last few days, can't imagine having that for my entire life.

TL;DR : wear earplugs or don't go/don't DJ. Period.

I can't remember the last time my ears were ringing. I love my ear plugs.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

My ears ring 24hrs a day. i wear plugs now when i go out to limit more damage. sometimes it drives me so mad i can't sleep. otherwise you do generally get used to it. i was so dumb not to wear plugs before. i remember the night and know the prick dj who was just_clipping the system. live and learn.
    Last edited by zimfella; 04-29-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    I saw Skrillex on friday night, and my left ear (closest to the speaker) is still ringing. It might stay here forever, it might go in few days, but again, you DON'T want to experience this. It also feels like I have a low pass filter in each ear, and that's been super annoying for the last few days, can't imagine having that for my entire life.

TL;DR : wear earplugs or don't go/don't DJ. Period.
    Welcome to my world.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Steeevo View Post
    Welcome to my world.
    Is the tinnitus you have the result of 1 show only ?

I'm starting to be affraid the ringing will never dissapear.

Only one night out started mine permanently. Only ever had it for a couple of day's before.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    Is the tinnitus you have the result of 1 show only ?

I'm starting to be affraid the ringing will never dissapear.
    I believe it started from a dnb night in london. Because I had ringing in my ears after and I thought it would goo but it never did and after 2-3 weeks I new it was never gonna go.

When I went to the ear doctor a year after I had the ringing, he seems to think from everything I told him that it flared up from an infection I had when I was younger.

I hope it goes for you and I bet you will always use ear plugs in the future.

The sad thing is no one does anything about ear protection until its too late
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2 | Xone 22 | Torq 2.0 | Akai LPD8 | Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2 Adidas | KRK RP6 G2 | that is all

Tech Wizard

Went to a dnb show last month and even though i was about mid way in the crowd my ears took a pounding. After the show we went back to my friends apartment and we were all exhausted, but all we could do is just sit there and look at each other wondering when the ringing was going to end. I remember it being a painful deafening sound that drowned every other noise out. It lasted for a few days and eventually faded over the course of a week.

The point of the story is that even though i suffered temporary hearing loss, constant exposure could lead to long term hearing loss which i cant even imagine. Definitely looking into hearing protection if im out at another show.

Tech Mentor

You think about everyone going out these days and not even thinking about ear protection. My prediction is that in 20 years a hell of a lot of people will be deaf and tinitus will be very common. Hopefully someone will find a cure. Please god

Quote Originally Posted by Steeevo View Post
    I believe it started from a dnb night in london. Because I had ringing in my ears after and I thought it would goo but it never did and after 2-3 weeks I new it was never gonna go.

When I went to the ear doctor a year after I had the ringing, he seems to think from everything I told him that it flared up from an infection I had when I was younger.

I hope it goes for you and I bet you will always use ear plugs in the future.

The sad thing is no one does anything about ear protection until its too late
    Yep....I have had tinnitus since I was a kid due to infections and ear issues.

I can admit that I am slightly deaf...

I am also used to the ringing now (since its all I know, can't remember not having it), but it does get worse at times. Gets LOUD!!!

Ear Plugs...ESPECIALLY if you are there for the WHOLE event. Remember, you will be behind, on, in front of and in between MASSIVE Speakers.

I was too thick to get it 10 years ago.....

Now I make sure I am careful.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456