DJTT - Official Podcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DJTT - Official Podcast

Looking at other threads, why isnt there a DJTT Podcast going????

Maybe Ean or one of the Mods could put give an official response?

There's been a few threads about this, but no podcast has materialized. I think it would be great to feature members of the forum every week, showcasing controllerism and what can be done with it.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Literally though, Ean could give like an introduction (or someone else for that matter); give us some news or upcoming articles or releases, then people could send in like 45 minute mix and the best could be chosen for that months podcast. it would write itself!

We have been talking about this one since the start, but we first want to get things on the road properly, before starting up this one.

I do think we have a format already, but we need to think things through properly. (Reason mentioned above. Rinse, Repeat.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

That's so sweet Tekki. DJTT podcast would be pretty cool, and possibly break that "controllers aren't DJing" stigma for good.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

The crew can come up with some bumpers to play at the start and end, make it sound all profeshunal an shiz
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Members sharing their mixes is a great idea

I'm a major consumer of podcasts, and I'd certainly give a DJTT official podcast a chance in my feed.

I think we really need to consider that maintaining a regular podcast is far, far from easy in terms of production and time invested. It's essentially radio, and producing anything for radio is not trivial in the least bit. You don't just fire up audacity and start talking or playing tracks, but yet professional gear doesn't make it much better. If it's done well, though, it's completely awesome and can definitely contribute to the intellectual value of the internet.

Some of you may not remember, but not too many years ago there was an eruption of amateur radio production going on for podcasts. Everyone ran a podcast for every topic imaginable, for better or for worse. The vast majority of them, to put it politely, really sucked. A few of them survived due to having insightful, in-demand content that was well produced. Some got by just having amazing content with zero production value, and some died for having crap content with amazing production value.

In a lot of ways, radio is more difficult than most other media. You are relying mostly on the value of what you have to say and your ability to deliver it without being boring or redundant. I think it's safe to say that DJTT understands this and is reluctant to make a significant time investment on something that may just blend in with the rest of the podcast universe and get lost with no net benefit to them or the users of the website.

Not to say that they are incapable of making something great, but it's just that a podcast is a tremendous task to take on when you're already running a web shop, a gear lab, a blog, a huge forum, and DJ gigs to boot.

Heres what I think:

Setup a moderated soundcloud group that a few people from the community would be in charge of (maybe djtt staff, forum members or both)
    Set up some ground rules for submissions (e.g length, quality, acceptable styles etc)
    The actual podcast would be hosted on a site such as podomatic or other server.
    DJTT staff would then add bumpers or other info and publish on itunes.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Hey Jes, anything official should be responsibility of DJTT crew.
    Could be mod crew, could be HQ crew; though on this subject, I suspect it should be both.
    But once again let me come back with the answer I gave earlier, we need to fix out some things, before we can pick this up.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast