Suggestion for this subforum

Default Suggestion for this subforum

Not a ground breaking suggestion or anything, but the majority of posts in this subforum don't generate much chatter, other than maybe the mix train threads and a few other randoms.

Let's be honest - there are too many mixes on the internet as it is, and wading through bedroom dj's mixes isn't all that likely when you've probably got a queue of your fav international stars' sets sitting there waiting to be listened to.

Have the mods considered showcasing a set and/or production for say a week? Perhaps through the use of a sticky or some such (a sidebar on the blog would be sweet)

I'm imagining a future where the quality of productions & mixes is incredible, and the artists and dj's are available within the community to discuss techniques or tricks and generally try to educate those aspiring to get their stuff showcased, rather than aspiring producers and dj's asking for tips and criticism and generally get very little or no response.

Not sure what the mechanism would be for selecting a showcase, just thought i'd throw this out there for further discussion.

It's a pretty good idea actually.

I used to listen to lots of mixes on here, but there just seems to be so many now so I don't usually bother.
    SC | MC

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

So you want the mods to wade through all the crappy bedroom DJ mixes for you? It's a great idea, but I don't think it's feasible.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    So you want the mods to wade through all the crappy bedroom DJ mixes for you? It's a great idea, but I don't think it's feasible.
    lol, that's true

--

dafe,

i mostly agree with your assessment of the current situation: many mixes of bedroom djs don't receive a ton of attention and discussion.

but given the technology and infrastructure in place today, it doesn't take much effort at all to upload a dj set and post it on the forum. as a consequence, we see many threads advertising new mixes every day, some of them poor.

but the hope to discover a great set among the masses out there isn't the only motivation to check out the threads. i check this sub partly out of curiosity, partly out of reciprocity. as for the former, i wanna know what other DJTTers are doing (btw, i am more likely to listen to mixes which provide info on equipment used etc.). as for the latter, i am really happy if i get feedback on the sets i post. so sometimes, i return the favor and comment on other dj's sets.

Yeah, I too would like to read what the person used to do a mix. Sometimes it's there, most of the time it isn't. And since a lot of junk is posted, that is why a lot doesn't get commented on. Probably the rule is being followed, "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Nah, as I said, don't know what the mechanism for selection would be, was just putting it out there for discussion.

Just seems a shame that this is pretty much a graveyard of sound cloud links.
    You know a sub forum is in trouble when thread authors are bumping to keep themselves at the top.

It would be neat if the djtechtools community feel was evident over in this part as well. I was just poking about an idea for encouraging a bit more engagement is all

Tech Wizard

Ever think of having a vote in this subforum? Say we set up a sticky and for one week people can work on and submit a mix. Maybe it has to be of a certain style. Under 30-20 mins or something like that. Entry could be Sun-Thur and voting could be Thur -Sat. The mix goes up on the Sidebar on the blog on Sunday, maybe a sticky in here for discussion, and then the new competition entry starts that day as well.

Just an idea and could be fun!
    Dell Inspiron 15r | i5 | 8gb
    Traktor 2 Pro | Mixtrack Pro | X1 |
    FL 10 | Massive | Reaktor 5 | LPK25
    MixCloud | OneSheet

This is so true. Digging through all of these is hard and a showcase/selection to be presented would be awesome.