IEMs with removable cables
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default IEMs with removable cables

Hear me, oh Mighty DJTT Oracle

The left earbud on my current headphones has just crapped out (abot 12hrs before I'm on a 24hr flight as well ), so I'm on the market for some replacements. As per usual it seems to be the wire breaking inside the casing near the insertion into the the earbud itself.

I've used the Etymotic er-6is (several times) and they broke in exactly the same fashion, so I was considering getting some where the cable is replaceable, to try and stop having to buy new headphones all the time.

I've spotted that the westone UM2 have a removable cable, but are there any more models I should be looking at?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I did a lot of searching for IEMs and in my search I didn't happen to come across any other detachable monitors. I did however buy the UM2's and I LOVE em. Great sound quality (at least for someone who has not used high-end listening device before) thats not over bearing. The bass really loosened up after the wear in period (100hrs) and sometimes i'll mix just w/ the UM2's over my KRK's.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Wizard

I use Shure SE425's and they have cables that detach right on the ear-bud themselves. They have a nice flat response, and I highly recommend them.
    2x CDJ 900 | DJM 900 Nexus | TSP2 | 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz | KRK RP6 | Sennheiser HD 25-1 mkII

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    I did a lot of searching for IEMs and in my search I didn't happen to come across any other detachable monitors. I did however buy the UM2's and I LOVE em. Great sound quality (at least for someone who has not used high-end listening device before) thats not over bearing. The bass really loosened up after the wear in period (100hrs) and sometimes i'll mix just w/ the UM2's over my KRK's.
    The last pair of decent in ears I had are the Jays q-Jays - first double driver pair I've had, and I'm not going back to a single driver, as I'd miss the detail. As they're under a year old, Amazon are refunding me their price (as they're not sold anymore)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Argos View Post
    I use Shure SE425's and they have cables that detach right on the ear-bud themselves. They have a nice flat response, and I highly recommend them.
    That's the kind of thing I'm after ...

Any others? or just the Shures 425s/ Westone UM2?

S

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    That's the kind of thing I'm after ...

Any others? or just the Shures 425s/ Westone UM2?

S
    Shure sells a few different models at various price points, the only other manufacturer of good IEM with detachable cables is Ultimate Ears (TripleFi 10 have removable cables), though they are owned now by logitech (don't know how that will effect quality). Also, the MSRP on the triplefi's is $400 so they are a bit steep for most.
    2x CDJ 900 | DJM 900 Nexus | TSP2 | 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz | KRK RP6 | Sennheiser HD 25-1 mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Argos View Post
    ^Best bet
    I love Shure more than anyone else really.
    Best sound around imo and I have tried a bunch of headphones

I personally use the SRH440
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Wizard

TripleFi 10's for sure.

Tech Wizard

Sensaphonics

Quote Originally Posted by jimdrake View Post
    Sensaphonics
    Ouch - $750 customs? Bit rich for my blood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast