Use Traktor to make your own songs (?)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Use Traktor to make your own songs (?)

Just seeing if any of you guys use traktor alone to make songs? With all the new effects interfaces and midi fighters , it seems like a creative more fun hands on way to make songs. Im all ableton, but working with traktor is so fun aswell.

The effects are nowhere near production standards, and you'd have to do everything live. A really quick acappella mashup maybe, but nothing more.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

yeah id have to agree, i mean id never do it personally, but with the sample decks and what not, you could make some cool remixes or mashups

Tech Mentor

I agree as well that unless you are making a simple mashup or a live routine, Traktor isn't exactly the best for production. Here is a link to a mashup I did in Traktor using cue points, echo and delay.

http://soundcloud.com/djmattblaze/planet-rock-n-roll

Yeah and even ean goldens depeche mode remix in the video, thats almost so remixed with effects and shit that its almost like an entirely new song, kinda cool.

You can do the same stuff in ableton bro. A midi fighter you're setting up hot cues (well that's what i've seen) so you're playing it like a drum machine DIG?

So you open up ableton you chop your samples up, you put them in a "Drum rack" grab a midi fighter or MPD or whatever, map some of the pad's to effects in Live and there you go.

Why would you map the effects to pads ? Why not knobs ? and what is the easiest way to sample in ableton? its always seemed like a long ass process

Quote Originally Posted by dj matt blaze View Post
    I agree as well that unless you are making a simple mashup or a live routine, Traktor isn't exactly the best for production. Here is a link to a mashup I did in Traktor using cue points, echo and delay.

http://soundcloud.com/djmattblaze/planet-rock-n-roll
    Nice!
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Oh sorry i said that wrong. I've been wathcing some Midi fighter routines in Traktor and the dudes seem to have 8 hot cues on the botton two rows, and effect on/off and other type of buttons on the top two rows.

Yeah you could map them to knobs too

But i was saying you could have like 12 samples and 4 effect on/off with the knobs.

Also sampling with ableton is really easy (Don't use that sampler instrument it's too long and annoying, you can add effects and all later)

Just load your audio into an audio track in session view not track view. Turn the grid off, and drag them arrow things that determines where the track ends to the end of what you want your sample to be. And the other arrow to the start of the sample. Duplicate and get another sample. And duplicate until you have enough samples that you want.

Add a MIDI track; Load a drum rack and drag and drop your samples into it. Double click one and turn the release up to the max, right click the release knob and "copy to siblings"
    That way you don't have to hold the key or pad down for the whole sample to play DIG?

Also in the Drum rack you have all the effects and stuff that you would have in Sampler.

Hope that helped if you're still stuck, i'll try and find you some YouTube video.

Sorry if my english be bad, i'm french

So with this setup, How would you set it up with ableton ? Just curious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast