dj's who talk mess - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by moss2626 View Post
    Ask him if he's using a bird to send messages. Does he drive a ford model T haha. I can't believe people are still arguing about stuff like that.

definition of a dj (from wikipedia) : «A disc jockey, also known as DJ, is a person who selects and plays recorded music for an audience.»
    exactly, do you ride a horse to get from point A to point B because thats the "real" way. I mean any monkey can push a pedal and turn a steering wheel, it takes real skill to control a horse. This is what I hear when a vinyl "purist" starts spewing all that nonsense. Records were used back in the day for 1 reason....THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE!! HELLLOOOO!!!

Oh and yes, I started in 1989 on vinyl, still have all my records and not a day goes by that I miss carrying record crates.

you all should have enough confidence in yourself and your abilities...

no need to explain anything to anyone...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

what the rafik routine says to me is that each has its place. some sounds are better made, or more rhythmic, or you have more control and variety in your syncopation, with a turntable. some sounds are better made with controllers and cue points and effects.

and as awesome as it is to watch someone that good work, the real test is to turn the computer around and just listen.
    Yeah that's right, I can chat about Dante's Inferno, discuss the theories of John Locke, discourse on the microeconomics of international trade, investigate the kinetics of enzymes in various microenvironments, and model the price of WTI oil futures. But the best paying job I've had so far is sanitation. Thanks liberal arts.

Change your DJ name to button clown and make button clown t-shirts!

And I don't think that Rafik routine was his winning DMC routine, although it is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymayer View Post
    y

it never really affected me before, but for some reason i'm really down about it and feel really hurt and like i shouldn't be dj'ing.

thoughts?
    keep doing what you do.

if you ain't got haters, you're not doing it right.

Digital DJing is the new trend.

Arts evolve with time. Gone are the days when we would be seen lugging around crates and crates of songs which he hope the crowd will enjoy. We're in the era where all our music can be stored on a hard-drive the size of a phone. If someone's chatting to you about how that doesn't make you a real DJ, turn the volume up and drown him out.

Quote Originally Posted by dj matt blaze View Post
    This is something that irks me all the time. If you don't use turntables, you're not a real DJ. If you don't use Pioneer CDJs, you're not a real DJ. If you don't use turntables and Serato, you're not a real DJ. If you look at your screen, if you use autosync, you're not a real DJ. Its all nonsense. New technology is just a tool. Nothing will replace song selection. Nothing will replace reading the crowd. Nothing will replace knowing how and when to use loops and effects. There are a lot of condescending snobby DJs that think because they have the top of the line equipment that they are a "real" DJ. Problem is the wall they DJ to in their bedroom doesn't give them any feedback. The only people that care what the DJ uses are other DJs. The people in the bar or the club or the lounge couldn't care any less what equipment the DJ has as long as it sounds good, the music is good and they are having a good time. In the end, thats what its all about, did the people you play for have a good time and enjoy your music. Too many DJs get caught up in what the tools are instead of how you use those tools. I have DJed with cassette decks and consumer cd players and still rocked the party.

SO don't feel bad and think that you are any less of a DJ, just a different type of DJ. There are a lot of hater DJs that reeally believe that unless you DJ like this, then you are not a real DJ. The EDM DJ thinks the hip hop DJ does nothing but scratch and beat juggle showboating and thats not "real" DJing. The hip hop DJ thinks the EDM DJ does nothing but blend 2 songs together which is easy so that not "real" DJing. The mobile DJ plays at weddings and anniversary parties just fading songs in and out and making a couple of announcements so thats not "real" DJing. Everyone thinks that the other isn't a real DJ. Who is to say and make that judgement? If you play music for people, you are a DJ.
    awesome.

also, small peepee.
    Last edited by Jester; 02-14-2012 at 04:26 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

^ really? *banhammer*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The moment they affect you, haters win. Keep doing what you like in the way you like.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast