dj's who talk mess - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I wish I was DJ Button clown...what an image - could be the next DeadMau5
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Quote Originally Posted by Jasopn cerna
    if you ain't got haters, you're not doing it right.
    I like this...

(But - I ain't got no haterz... )
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

You go and practice at home...and come up with a fucking KILLLLLLLLER set.

Save it till you have a decent gig and blow everyone away.

That will shut the guy up.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

in german we have an saying which goes: "neid ist die ehrlichste form der anerkennung!"

translated it would be something like: "envy is the honest form of acceptance/approval" so its a really good thing when another dj hates you, because he thinks obviously you're doing something "better" than him and there is a need to try to pull you down ;o)
    ( www.sickinc.org ~ a psychedelic trance ritual )

As I've started to play out more often i've been wondering where all these guys are. I havent come across one yet. I went on last friday with a guy that was using straight cdj's and he thought it was cool that i was using only midi. he was kind tired of lugging around a ton of equipment he said and was just going to switch to ableton.

Im sure at some point i will have someone say something but as long as your playing the right tracks at the right time for the crowd infront of you. what does it matter?
    MPB - TP - TS Pro 2 - Audio 6 - Technics 1200mk2 - Xone 22 - xone53 - Kontrol X1 - Axiom 49 - M-audio C400

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    You go and practice at home...and come up with a fucking KILLLLLLLLER set.

Save it till you have a decent gig and blow everyone away.

That will shut the guy up.
    Nah. That shows that you actually care what the dickhead thinks. Just keep on keeping on how you always have been. Cream always rises to the top.

Tech Mentor

I was invited to play a gig at the college because the DJ they had wanted $400 for his show. There was of course no money on it, but I wanted to play it anyway. I've play the gig with Virtual DJ and my laptop keyboard as my only controller. This was way before I got into Traktor.

So this Jerk comes with his pair of pioneer CDJs and Serato, to play this party. So the organizer said well you to play if you want. The other DJ told me. "you have to open for me because I have CDJs and you're not really a DJ." That pissed me off so I was about to leave, but then I stayed and dropped a killer set. I left the floor so hot that he couldn't keep up with it.

Bottom line is, everyone has the right to work with whatever they feel comfortable. Equipment doesn't make you a DJ, it helps you if you know how to read your dancefloor. Track selection is a big part of being a DJ.

At the end, I now have a residency in a club and he does mostly private parties. I've invited him to play again with me and he has refused.
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

Tech Mentor

You have a residency and a t-shirt sponsorship. He does not. You must be doing something right.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    I would just point out the top dj's in the world right now like Hawtin, dubfire etc all use the same shit you do and if he wants to up his game, he better keep up with the times and develope a unique flavour/style.
    While I agree that should play on whatever you'd like, so long the place that is paying you allows you to play on whatever the hell you want.

I think statements like the above one are a bit incorrect. If you take the top 10 DJ's "according to DJ mag" all but one play out on just CDJ's.

http://www.djmag.com/top100
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234