new

Thread: new

Tech Student

Default new

im new and need help i have a pc and what is a good program to use and i also need to get one of thoes mixer thingys with the cross fader and crap help please

Tech Mentor

Photoshop is really good, and I like minesweeper a lot, but that's already on your PC. For mixey thing, kitchenaid makes a solid mixer, but black and decker does have a few models that will give the kitchenaid a run for its money. Neither has a crossfader but you don't really need it as they all have a puree mode. No USB, which kinda sets you back if you want your mixer to have midi capabilities, but they do have fixed power chords, so no worries about forgetting it in the kitchen when you go to the garage to practice your mixing.

Ibtl
    Ibtf
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    kitchenaid makes a solid mixer
    +1, inherited my dad's old K45SS, that thing is ancient and still holding strong. You'll probably need a decent set of tables too, I got granite tops back in '02 and never looked back, they're so easy to clean.
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Photoshop is really good, and I like minesweeper a lot, but that's already on your PC. For mixey thing, kitchenaid makes a solid mixer, but black and decker does have a few models that will give the kitchenaid a run for its money. Neither has a crossfader but you don't really need it as they all have a puree mode. No USB, which kinda sets you back if you want your mixer to have midi capabilities, but they do have fixed power chords, so no worries about forgetting it in the kitchen when you go to the garage to practice your mixing.

Ibtl
    Ibtf
    Gold haha. Mixey thing

K45SS???????? I had the mk2 years ago, the black one with the balanced head. No knobs, all sliders.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

I prefer the levers on mine. Was thinking of modding it to throw maybe a joystick or something on. Maybe if I have the time..
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

I modded mine with blue led's!