Allen & Heat xone 4d mixer Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Allen & Heat xone 4d mixer Question

Hey all, so i have been given a chance to buy a used mint condition Allen & heath xone 4d and had a couple questions. I am buying it for $880 shipped, so I would assume that this is a good price even if it only comes with just the mixer and the power cord (no usb cord for laptop connection)? My other question is for those that have the mixer, does it require a regular USB cord (can I use the usb bus cord from my NI X1?) or is it a really unique cord that i need to spend more money on? Lastly, is allen & heath going to replace this all in one mixer unit anytime in the near future/year? Thanks in advanced for all your input/advice.

1. Hell yes.

2. Yes.

3. No.

4. I think A&H are moving away from the all in one, midi controller/analog mixer. They make great ones but they are so bloody expensive, and as a result I would venture a guess that sales are pretty poor. Nobody is going to pay 1800-2200 new for something that can do the same job for less than half of the price. But at 800 bucks, you've got yourself a :92 with two 1d's attached to it. That's a steal and a half assuming the condition of is where it should be.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Tech Mentor

$800 are you kidding me.....if you don't want it please get me in contact with the seller, I'll buy it right now.

Tech Guru

But please, be sure that an All in one solution is your way to go...

Think about buying controllers per module, seems the market is going this way now.
    Always think about the pros and cons on every path you choose!

Be aware of the Rapid Gear Aquisition Syndrom ok?

I'm sure the re-sale value will be good if you change your mind, but it would be hard to sell if everyone is looking for modular controllers, right?

Any way, good luck with your choice!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    But please, be sure that an All in one solution is your way to go...

Think about buying controllers per module, seems the market is going this way now.
    Always think about the pros and cons on every path you choose!

Be aware of the Rapid Gear Aquisition Syndrom ok?

I'm sure the re-sale value will be good if you change your mind, but it would be hard to sell if everyone is looking for modular controllers, right?

Any way, good luck with your choice!
    yeah this guy is right, maybe you don't need it, if not my offer is still up

Tech Mentor

Not buying the 4D because it doesn't have a USB cord would be like not buying a Bentley for $80,000 because it doesn't have floor mats.

Just buy it, it's a great mixer. I kind of wish they had made a 4D without the MIDI panels. The analog mixer section is nearly perfect (I prefer it to the 92) and it has a great sound card that is scratch certified.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Just buy it, it's a great mixer. I kind of wish they had made a 4D without the MIDI panels. The analog mixer section is nearly perfect (I prefer it to the 92) and it has a great sound card that is scratch certified.
    Thank you everyone for their input/help....very much appreciated. I thought the analog mixer section is exactly the same as the 92?

Quote Originally Posted by rmc View Post
    Thank you everyone for their input/help....very much appreciated. I thought the analog mixer section is exactly the same as the 92?
    92 is 4 band EQ. 4D is 3 band.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc View Post
    4d has 3 band EQ and better FX routing. It loses small things like crossfader being able to control filters and doesn't have the 2 extra aux send channels, but makes up for it with better FX routing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast