Cheap DJ Laptop Recommendations???
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Cheap DJ Laptop Recommendations???

Eh guys so I'm thinking about getting a hold of a new laptop specifically for bringing out for gigs. As it is I've been brave ( or stupid? :P) and have used my main laptop for gigs and would like to start leaving it home in the studio where it's safe because it was quite expensive and I cannot afford any unfortunate accidents.

What I need is basically something that is powerful enough to run Traktor 3 but not so expensive that I would be kicking myself if anything were to happen to it at an outing. I don't really know much about computers so if you guys have any advice I'd appreciate it much. cheers

get a used mac...i would say get a macbook white or black cuz you can upgrade the Hard disk & Ram without a service tech and I seen them in them in the high 400 range.
    Last edited by JesC; 06-14-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Dell... nuff said.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Default Sorry I had to do it! I am not Flaming in any way..

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    Dell... nuff said.
    Cheap Laptop...nuff said...

/flame
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Actually, I'd say pick up a cheap HP (be sure it's not of the dv series, and be SURE to flash the bios as SOON as you get it) and get their accidental damage warranty. It's like 200 bucks, but seriously...sooo worth it if it's a gigging laptop.

(This coming from the lady who refuses to do anything but build her own.)
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Id rather have one of these than a HELL i mean DELL

Insulting manufacturers/resellers does nothing constructive to the board, or help the user in finding what they want.

and honestly as a person who works on laptops for a living (I repair circut boards, find strange problems, and do all kinds of crazy hardware mods/fixes/hacks) I see nothing wrong with getting a dell. Anecdotal evidance and poor public perception do not a bad product make.

Please folks, give some real advice instead of quirky jokes/pictures. Let's not turn into 4chan or SSLForums
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

I picked up a used dell d630 for £300 .. its a 2.4ghz with 4gb of ram and a 320gb hard drive. Its the business for me!!!

I've had it runnin traktor and ableton at the same time with no issues

Don't listen to all these people slatin dell, there just jumpin on the "slate the big companies" bandwaggon. Bet none of you have even owned a dell.... oh thats right don't tell me , a freind has ... and he said .....

Was that friend by any chance someone on a forum that had a problem then decided to tell the world that the problem he has is with ALL dells.... RUBBISH !!! ..... just don't do too much reading of teh over negative NI forum about laptops or you'll come away with a bank balance 2 grand lighter and a shiny posh lookin laptop with a picture of some fruit on the top that is good yes but you could have spent a lot less and have a machine that can do pretty much the same.

RRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

It's what it looks like that really matters , always a fan of Toshiba for a windowz machine.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

Whatever you do, research the laptops individually. The best thing to search for with google is the laptop model followed by DPC latency. Getting a look at the kind of DPC latency settings you can get with the model you have your eye on BEFORE you buy can save you alot of headaches down the track.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast