Audiophiles (Traktor EQ) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i'm far from a fiendishly critical audiophile, but i have noticed a lack of 'balls' compared to the actual hardware mixers. from reading the manual it appears that the only thing really emulated in the eq's are the attenuation and boost ranges.

i've been having good results for the past few months with the xone eq controls mapped to two knobs per deck. each channel has one knob assigned to cut/boost the high while also using the relative fader function to cut/boost the mid high at 35%. likewise for the low bands.

four eq bands, two knobs. so far i like it. leaves my third knob open for the filters.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I use the Xone EQ almost exclusively. I do a lot of long blends and use the two mids to help layer the synths on top of each other. It's worked really well so far. I'm working on a mapping like Party McFly
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

I use the XONE eq. I personally really like the sound of it better than the others.

I have mapped the mid hi and hi to the same knob to get around the four knob issue. While not ideal its seems to work well enough for me that i still prefer the sound over the others.
    Last edited by dj_ajay; 04-20-2009 at 08:35 PM.

When NI debuted the X: one EQ in T3 there was much rejoicing on the Traktor forums because the audio quality was so much better than the previous Traktor EQ. I found that having four channels enabled me to sculpt mixes with far more precision, and allowed the mixing of more than 2 decks with a much less crowded sonic spectrum. I began mixing with the EQ as much as with the faders. I liked it so much I assigned my MIDI controls around the 4 EQ knobs. Other than the quick beatjumping I think it's probably the one thing I miss most about T3/TPro (cuz I don't use either).
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Tech Wizard

I never use EQing in Traktor, always on a hardware mixer.
    There's no proper reason to do so, but it feels more natural to me....

Guess mixers are my new addiction after I left buying vinyl in the past..
    Last edited by voltcontrol; 04-21-2009 at 02:19 PM.
    BCR2000, Urei 1603 + some stereo guitar effects, 2x Synq XTRM, Thinkpad X60s w Traktor Pro/Ableton, some external HDD's. Raggidy mixers/Lab equipment wanted for hacking purposes

Tech Wizard

+1 on rvltion909
    i used the mid a lot to accentuate a certain melody vocal or sound. i find it very useful at times of course depending on the sound u r working with of course

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

At one of my gigs i use the Xone 62. The hardware EQ is all i need. Ive got no need for the EQ in Traktor although i do enable it, i just zero it and use the Bass Kills.

However at another gig i have to use the clubs Rane Installation mixer and the EQ is beyond terrible. This is where Traktors EQ becomes priceless. I can add a bit if top for clarity and boost the mid to as the last post states. It really makes up for mixers with lacking EQ .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12