Audiophiles (Traktor EQ)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Audiophiles (Traktor EQ)

Anybody not using the "classic" EQ in Traktor?

I just finished mapping my BCR and now began trying out the various EQs and think I like the Xone the best (the only one with 2 mid sections).

What EQ are the rest of you Traktor users using? Which one do find the best for fixing not-so-great audio quality tracks and overall?

Any opinions about the overall quality of Traktor EQ from experienced Audiophiles compared to the rest of the digital deck programs out there? I know Deckadance hosts VST plugin and so that opens up a world for very "pro quality" EQs
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

I'm no audiophile but...
    i used the xone for a while to play with 4 band EQ, it was nice but i really didn't need that extra band and there were times where i felt i needed an extra hand to do what i wanted with it.

I use the "P600" over the "classic" because of the full kill on the low.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

I always use the Nuo4 setting in Traktor, that 3Band EQ does what I want it to.

Nuo4 for the win y'all!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Wuz View Post
    i used the xone for a while to play with 4 band EQ, it was nice but i really didn't need that extra band and there were times where i felt i needed an extra hand to do what i wanted with it.
    +1 - the extra knob it takes up is also too precious.

I still use the classic eq, and +1 on the knob, *smeagol voice* its my precious!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

anybody have any experience with other DJ programs and how their EQs compare to Traktor?

i tried extensively xone EQ in traktor and then found out that i barely use mid section. so in theory i now do not really care about which EQ i am using as long as i mix just on highs and lows. This um.. technique was advised to me, like 2 months ago, and i really like it - it's kind of: stay away from mid knobs and yer mix doesn't sound off. dunno if it is "correct" but sounds great imo.

so whats the difference between Nuo and Classic - is there different algorithm in those knobs, or is just about "layout" ?
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by rvltion909 View Post
    anybody have any experience with other DJ programs and how their EQs compare to Traktor?
    i had to do a pain in the butt work around to get the ableton eq's at 0db at the 12 oclock position and still keep a full 7bit resolution on the eq's :\ Once you get that done though the Ableton EQ3 is not that bad, but could be better.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wuz View Post

I use the "P600" over the "classic" because of the full kill on the low.
    Yeah me too. I love that kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    i tried extensively xone EQ in traktor and then found out that i barely use mid section. so in theory i now do not really care about which EQ i am using as long as i mix just on highs and lows. This um.. technique was advised to me, like 2 months ago, and i really like it - it's kind of: stay away from mid knobs and yer mix doesn't sound off. dunno if it is "correct" but sounds great imo.

so whats the difference between Nuo and Classic - is there different algorithm in those knobs, or is just about "layout" ?
    Hmm, I kinda find the opposite. Mid helps me a lot with bringing the "loudness" of a track down very quickly during a mix. I also use it with tracks in which the mid/highs are not too clearly defined and sort of bleed into a muddy mess.

Im sure the different EQs have different algorithms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast