Help me troubleshoot Traktor Scratch!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help me troubleshoot Traktor Scratch!

Hey guys I just finally updated to 2.1.2 and grabbed some MK2 vinyl. I'm running an Ecler Nuo 2 (just received this and it's AMAZING) and Vestax PDX-2000 with Shure m35x.

I can't however get Traktor to give me a good signal for timecode calibration. It says "Skipping" everytime no matter how much tracking force I put on the stylus. I also get the exact same results in the picture when adjusting tonearm height or adding/removing a headshell weight. Can you help me out?

Here's a picture:

System Specs:
    i5 2500k at 4.7gHz
    8GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM
    3TB 7200RPM HDD, 32mb cache
    Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Crucial M4 64GB SATAIII SSD

Equipment:
    Vestax PDX2000 MK1 x 2
    Ecler Nuo 2.0
    NI Audio 4 DJ
    Shure M35X

Audio 4 DJ Settings:
    Sample Rate :44100mhz
    Process Buffer: 256 Samples
    USB Buffer: 2ms

TSP2 Audio Setup:
    Input Channel: Timecode Vinyl
    Enable Multi-core Processor Support
    Overall Latency: 10.7ms
    Last edited by Hstanford1; 02-15-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Tech Mentor

Default i need this help too

bumping this, im needing this advice too.

Shouldn't the MKII work only with 2.1.2 by any chance
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Idk why they changed the calibration display, I should've just stuck with 2.0.3 and my MK1 vinyl. I had 2 very nice solid circles back then and none of the "SKIPPING" messages.

The weird this is it doesn't skip at all, or none that I notice. I've tried absolutely murderous rewinds and scratching back and forth with not a single skip, however I feel like there is an underlying issue and it worries me. In fact, even with my sound system cranked (The subwoofer is right under my tables) I never experience any significant BPM flutter than the usual .01 or .02 bpm

A side question: Can I roll back to 2.0.3 and still use MK2?
    Last edited by Hstanford1; 02-15-2012 at 01:30 AM.

product page says 2.1.1 and higher, ok I was wrong. I don't have any MKII but, hmm you can still use your MKI timecode and see what happen.

I actually tossed my MK1 when the MK2 arrived, as it was so worn out. They had a previous owner and I got the short end of the stick as far as life on the MK1s. I should've just bought more! 2.0.3 is still my favorite release.

you could give 2.1.2 a shot... they says they have improved the calibration routine

Anyone out there with some ideas? I have an odd feeling this is on the Traktor side of things and really want to nail down my signal and never worry about it again. I noticed that messing with latency and sample rate settings are improving the signal a little so this leads me to believe that Traktor is finnicky about what a "good" and "bad" signal are.

Still no signs of actual skipping from the table, but Traktor swears that it is.
    Last edited by Hstanford1; 02-15-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Maybe try reinstalling the drivers for your Audio 4/6/8/10 ?
    Check if your ground cable is well connected, if your headshell/styli is acting up.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Cool I'll try that tomorrow as well. Also should I use a headshell weight? I've been pretty in the dark about that whole affair. It's the Vestax PDX-2000, with the Vestax HS-1 headshell and m35x. As far as the scopes that I posted, are those bad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast