Offtopic: Death - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offtopic: Death

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    The hardest death I've had to go through was from cancer, which is, of course, different.

But it's still death, she was still young, and it was still really hard. It is cliche, but it's cliche cause it's true. It's going to be hard, but you have to move forward. Because his life ended does not mean that yours should. You need to live your life and remind yourself every day how much of a blessing it is to have the love, passion, friends, experiences and joy you have.

Everything else is bullshit.
    Death is something that's supposed to happen to old people and people you don't know. It's hard when it hits home.

It's just hard because he didn't deserve to die. Child molesters, rapists, and murders get away with hurting people and walk the streets full of life. But my friend has to die because he had a problem he couldn't get help for.

No parent should ever have to bury their child. Ever.

Plus I remember the last thing he ever said to me. He had been sober for a couple months. I went to his house to pick up his brother and the last words he said to me were something like "just please be careful." And then a month later I drive by the cemetery everyday on the way to work where he's buried.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, it is. I had to come to grips with it real quick when my mom was diagnosed with cancer. She got better, but once she got diagnosed my mentor and friend passed from it.

No one deserves to die. Even people that are terrible, horrible, demonic, evil people don't DESERVE death.

But it takes us all eventually. This is something that I had a really good conversation with my mother about, after she lost both her parents. Speak to your elders. I can assure you they've been through it too.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Yeah, it is. I had to come to grips with it real quick when my mom was diagnosed with cancer. She got better, but once she got diagnosed my mentor and friend passed from it.

No one deserves to die. Even people that are terrible, horrible, demonic, evil people don't DESERVE death.

But it takes us all eventually. This is something that I had a really good conversation with my mother about, after she lost both her parents. Speak to your elders. I can assure you they've been through it too.
    That's a good point. No one deserves to die, and even if they did, who are we to judge that?

I tried talking to my parents about it. I'm only 19 and I still live at home. About a year ago I got in some trouble with drugs that landed me in the hospital a couple times. Long story short, when I tried to talk to my parents about my friend, they brushed it off and said something along the lines of "who cares? he was a heroin addict."

I've never been more furious at my parents for their lack of understanding. I just wish people could see he wasn't just some dirty dope fiend. He was a human being. It kills me.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Sometimes it's hard for people to understand. I've never been involved with drugs, but I have lots of friends that have been. And I am fortunate to have family that has been and can relate to experiences I've had.

Don't be angry at them. Most likely they are angry at the people who are involved in that part of life because of what it did to you. Do you have friends who have lost people to drugs? If so you might want to fall to them for help. It's one thing to have all us awesome people in internet land, it's something else to have it in front of you
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12