Offtopic: Death
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offtopic: Death

Default Offtopic: Death

Two days ago my good friend's brother overdosed on heroin and died. I found out today and spent the whole day throwing up, crying, and trying to talk to my friend and his family. I've never had a friend die. I pray to God that when he died he was somewhere other than at home and it wasn't his parents who found him, but I really don't want to ask. What a terrible weekend.

The terrible part was he had just gotten his life back together and had been clean for months. He had just gotten married. He had a kid on the way...

Anyone else experience loss like this? I feel like this is all a bad dream. It's surreal, really.

LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Im truely sorry for you loss man.
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Tech Guru

I had something like this happen to me a while back. First time I'd had someone close die. Was fucking soul destroying. Everything feels so unreal Took me a good while for me to stop feeling dazed. I feel for you bro, not much else can be said, it all sounds cliche.

Hope you feel better soon bro, good to get things out, I found that helped me a lot (and a shitload of Jah) if you need to talk about stuff theres heaps of people here who will have good words. Hit me up on MSN/AIM if you want.

peace.

Thanks for the kind words. Really.

(Warning: cliche follows...) It's so weird, really. I think it's easy to forget that at some point all your friends are going to die, and so are you. Not that anyone wants to think about it. But it happens. But when people die the way he did it's just so frustrating I guess. I feel like there's something I could have said or done. But there's not. This is too much man...

It's almost as if you feel immune to the whole life cycle until it hits home.

Its almost 4am, I have to be up and dressed at 9am. I'm never going to make it. On top of everything else, I have to work tomorrow. My boss won't give me the day off because it's not a death in my immediate family.

Tomorrow is going to be one long nightmare.
    LamboxMusic.com

once again, sounds cliche, but it's real:

keep your eyes on the future. you're going to reminded of this for a while, but keep on going. as bad as you feel now, you can't stop living. if anything, live more- for him.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

I've had alot of people pass away in my life, it sux but its part of life.

I believe once somebody pass away you have to celebrate there life, remember the good and learn from there bad. They will never come back, the only thing you have are the memories of that person.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

You guys are all right, it's just so hard. I was okay until the burial and I just lost it. I drive down the road everyday where my friend is buried.

Not that any of you really care, but I found out he was home alone and his father found him dead in their basement bathroom. I can't imagine that moment of terror realizing your son is dead.

I'll admit I've done my share of drugs. Do what you want, but for the emotional health of your family and friends stay away from heroin. I'm a religious man, and I pray that he finds serenity in the arms of God and that his family finds peace.

If your going to do drugs, for God's sake be careful and know what your doing. Or you could leave a hole in the heart of your friends and family for the rest of their lives.
    LamboxMusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    If your going to do drugs, for God's sake be careful and know what your doing. Or you could leave a hole in the heart of your friends and family for the rest of their lives.
    truth
    moderation in everything
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I found a close friend dead a few days after he OD on anti-psychotics a few years ago now. It was easily the hardest thing I've gone through in my life, I think the only thing that can really fix the initial pain and anguish is time, and other than that spending a lot of time with your friends and family.

Hang in there bro, I feel for ya

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The hardest death I've had to go through was from cancer, which is, of course, different.

But it's still death, she was still young, and it was still really hard. It is cliche, but it's cliche cause it's true. It's going to be hard, but you have to move forward. Because his life ended does not mean that yours should. You need to live your life and remind yourself every day how much of a blessing it is to have the love, passion, friends, experiences and joy you have.

Everything else is bullshit.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast