45 min Hip-Hop Mix (NEW SCHOOL)
    Tech Wizard

Default 45 min Hip-Hop Mix (NEW SCHOOL)

I know, some people will cry out about 'new commercial' school being soulless compared to good old school.

But check this out though :

http://podcast9954.podomatic.com/ent...09_31_45-08_00

I tried to keep a flow mixing 3-4 songs then cutting/scratching to switch to lower/higher bpm. Some scratchs (hope I'll soon get some sl1200).

Reviews are very welcome
    Mac Book Pro 13", 1x Stanton ST150, TTM 57 SL.

Tech Wizard

nice man

Tech Wizard

thanx, I tried to upload it on youtube but the sound was deleted because of copyright

Tech Wizard

So I spin mostly electro house, real funky house, glitch hop, and OLD school hip hop but this week I was asked to do a sweet 16 for $500... HAD to do it lol... I listen to the stuff you put in ur mix all the time because its all that is played at college parties. Never mixed it but ur mix gave me some dope ideas for song combinations I hadn't thought of before.

A couple things I noticed is that sometimes you go from "I got a choppa in the car" and make a fast cut to a lovey song. Kinda killed the flow not gonna lie. If you gonna drop heavy hitters like that man you might have to save ur softer shit for much later. Its the nature of this music.

Some of your scratching during songs was also kinda annoying... sometimes you gotta just fight the urge to do anything and just let the beat speak for itself.

Over all cool mix man keep it up

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by J Hollow View Post
    So I spin mostly electro house, real funky house, glitch hop, and OLD school hip hop but this week I was asked to do a sweet 16 for $500... HAD to do it lol... I listen to the stuff you put in ur mix all the time because its all that is played at college parties. Never mixed it but ur mix gave me some dope ideas for song combinations I hadn't thought of before.

A couple things I noticed is that sometimes you go from "I got a choppa in the car" and make a fast cut to a lovey song. Kinda killed the flow not gonna lie. If you gonna drop heavy hitters like that man you might have to save ur softer shit for much later. Its the nature of this music.

Some of your scratching during songs was also kinda annoying... sometimes you gotta just fight the urge to do anything and just let the beat speak for itself.

Over all cool mix man keep it up
    thanx man, I know the cut between "John" and "aston martin music" was not really sensible. And I got some troubles in scratching with the right hand.
    And yes, I scratch a bit much because I hate waiting without doing anything (even if it's a recorded mix), like a OCD ^^

Mixing hip hop (except old school) didn't interess me before, but at a generalist club (even more in private parties like birth day) you have to know how to mix this hip hop stuff and what track will set the dancefloor on fire.